Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital worlds with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect.
Join our team and help revolutionize a multi-billion dollar global sensor and measurement eco-system. As a member of this team you will lead the software architecture and design efforts in close co-operation with your peers on the hardware teams. Your goal will be to architect, design and build a scalable software stack to support this new measurement platform and revolutionize a multi-billion dollar global industry.
This role requires an energetic and motivated individual with strong communication, organization, vision and technical skills who works well in a diverse environment across multiple sites and teams to achieve groundbreaking business results.
- Design and develop an architectural framework and system for a measurement platform, including embedded, desktop and cloud based components in close co-operation with the hardware and silicon team.
- Participate in the full development life cycle in partnerships with your peers in the hardware team to find innovative solutions.
- Create and document scalable, secure and performant designs that are easy to maintain and extend.
- Establish the technical software roadmap and prioritize feature sets and capabilities based on customer needs within the constraints of available resources.
- Lead, direct or participate in the identification and adoption of new technology.
- Actively search for and identify emerging technologies that can add value to the product and its development.
- Develop functional prototypes to demonstrate proof of concepts and to enable rapid confirmation and customer validation of using a “lean” development methodology
- Be familiar with a range of software engineering concepts, practices, and procedures and lead the software team in the application of the appropriate development models.
- Provide technical guidance to developers and team members on coding, testing, development and distribution\deployment of code.
- Build a software development team, from internal and external talent and mentor developers for their continued growth.
- Establish and lead engineering practices to ensure the design is correctly implemented, including code reviews and end-to-end integration and verification.
- Investigate, debug and resolve complex technical issues.
- Support your design across the entire lifecycle from design to maintenance in production systems and lead the software team to deliver high quality products and on-time delivery.
- Manage and work with 3rd Party contractors, defining the work units to be delivered, the delivery and integration of this work into the overall product.
- Participate in cross-organizational initiatives and taking a leadership role in sharing your expertise with partner teams.
- BS/MS in EE or Computer Science with 10+ years’ experience with a proven track record in delivering production quality customer facing software
- Minimum 7 years development experience with 3+ years as an Architect.
- Demonstrable customer empathy and experience in customer focused design practices.
- Experience in designing and delivering software platforms that span the stack, including embedded, desktop, mobile and cloud components.
- Proven experience in executing system level integration of multiple software components
- Proficient in software engineering principles, frameworks and technologies.
- Proficient in C, C++, Java script/Java/.NET web development, Object orientated architecture, UML diagrams and syntaxes in addition to SQLServer and MySQL Databases.
- Experience in leading a team of developers
- Be familiar with standards, development practices and procedures.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills for interacting with all levels of technical and business disciplines.
- Familiarity with hardware and silicon development, measurement technologies and platform business models a plus.