The Services Group is responsible for deploying charging, rating and policy solutions, built on Openet’s FusionWorks product suite This will involve analysis of the customers’ business requirements and implementing a solution to meet these needs in Openet’s rules based platform. The solution will typically be implemented in a combination of DSD, a tcl type scripting language, Shell scripts and in C/C++.
The role of Lead Engineer in Services at Openet requires managing the task delivery and ensuring the technical integrity of a FW solution (or a significant subsystem, as part of a large overall solution). The role requires a reasonable level of travels in Europe, the Middle East or Africa.
Some of the key tasks involved are:
- Interfacing with Customers and internal teams on requirements definition and all aspects of the project delivery.
- Interfacing with third party vendors for the integration of non Openet based components.
- Design and document the architecture of the end-to-end solution to be delivered.
- Implement solution customizations using DSD(TCL)
- Onsite installation and integration of the customized solution
- Technical coordination and mentoring of the development team.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Consults with the customer to understand and document solution requirements.
- Designs the solution using Openet Product suite and Non-Openet third party components, eg Veritas, Goldengate, Oracle
- Oversees the technical design and technical implementation, guides and supports the engineering staff during the project.
- Ultimately responsible for the technical delivery of the solution from requirement definition to the deployment in production.
- Implements complex solution configurations and customizations
- Adopts an innovative and committed approach to overcoming obstacles and solving problems in order to successfully deliver on commitments.
- Represent Openet at customer meetings, presentations and conferences.
- Demonstrates an organised, systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to all aspects of the development life cycle
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent qualification.
- 5 to 10 years experience working with multiple Unix environments - RedHat Linux, Solaris and HP-UX.
- Strong leadership and drive.
- Proven record of requirements gathering, design, development and integration of complex telecommunication projects to multiple customers.
- Customer facing and customer management experience
To view the full job description, please click the link below