Lead Business Analyst, High Value SMB Acquisition
Hi there! We've updated our Jobs site and added some new features to improve your experience.
This position is based in our EU Headquarters in Dublin, Ireland
The area: SMB Sales and Operations
When our millions of advertisers and publishers are happy, so are we! As small business experts, we help get local entrepreneurs on the map, and deliver a beautifully simple, intuitive experience that enables customers to grow their businesses with us. By spotting and analyzing customer needs and trends, our innovative teams of strategists, account developers and customer support specialists work together on scalable solutions for each business, no matter its age or size.
The role: Lead Business Analyst, High Value SMB Acquisition
Help serve Google's worldwide user base of more than a billion people by working within Global Advertising & Product Operations. You focus on AdWords, our service that lets business owners create and run ads, quickly and simply. Business Analysts provide quantitative support, business understanding and a strategic perspective to our partners throughout the organization. As a data-loving member of the team, you serve as an analytics expert for your partners, using numbers to help them make better business decisions. You weave stories with meaningful insight from data. You make critical recommendations for your fellow Googlers in Engineering and Product Management. As a self-starter, you relish tallying up the numbers one minute and communicating your findings to a Sales manager the next.
- Define and deliver analytics to support targeted selling in a dynamic environment, including vertical analysis, prospect profiling, pipeline management and lead optimization.
- Structure and package analyses, strategies and recommendations into highly effective, compelling communication and presentations to various audiences, including senior executives.
- Partner with sales and marketing teams to target responsive market segments, from test designs, sample sizes and measurement to extending and scaling best practices across all markets.
- Develop, deliver and maintain an ongoing evolution of data-driven targeting models (statistical and nonstatistical) which are calibrated and optimised for local market dynamics.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Mathematics. In lieu of degree, relevant skills and experience.
- Experience analyzing data with strong Excel, database query experience (e.g. SQL), statistical expertise with tangible revenue generating quantitative modeling experience.
- Proven experience of developing and managing project plans, and leading and motivating analysts teams within and across functions.
- Strong communication and communication production (PowerPoint) skills, including the ability to take complex, ambitious topics and create compelling narratives for different audiences.
- A dedicated self starter who can operate at strategic as well as very tactical levels.
- Knowledge and experience of relational database feeds from external market providers and their overlay onto internal data-warehouse???s a distinct advantage.
- A track record of thought leadership in applying data driven models that have had a tangible impact on sales and marketing operations across international markets