Key Account Manager
TITLE OF POST: Key Account Manager
Main purpose of Job:
To be responsible for the strategic development of a number of key Client’s freight and supply chain requirements.
- Primary point of contact between Kuehne + Nagel and Client in building a partnership for future business activity.
- To understand Client’s business and supply chain strategy and ensure Kuehne + Nagel solutions match their requirements.
- Develop a strong working relationship with the Client customer Services and shipping departments.
- Proactively look for continuous improvements within the Client supply chain.
- Develop enhanced cost effective cold chain service offerings for Client to ensure product integrity whilst in transit.
- Ensure that strong lines of communication are set-up and established and that timely information flows between both organisations.
- Work closely with Kuehne + Nagel Customer Solutions Teams in developing enhanced solutions and service offerings.
- Identify projects for ongoing process improvement
- Key Interface with customer and escalation point for our customers account on all operational issues
- Overall responsibility for operational performance, including overseas delivery points and partners
- Instigate continuous improvement processes to ensure excellent customer service to K+N client across all operational sites
- Support where necessary to improve service levels
- Manage and attend all relevant project meetings and Business Reviews.
- Meet customer escalations within agreed timelines.
- Ensure all partners in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations
- Escalate and communicate to stakeholders when appropriate
- Utilise K+N support structures to the best advantage of our customers needs - quality. process design, solutions, IT, Management
- Arrange and propose cost effective solutions for inbound/outbound transportation whilst maintaining Client delivery performance.
- Management and maintenance of rates structures, SOPs, KPIs etc.
- Maintain a strong link between the Kuehne + Nagel operational and Client operational departments.
- Develop, implement and deliver agreed business management reports to agreed timelines.
- Comply with all Client GMP & GDP requirements.
- Comply with all onsite Health & Safety requirements and guidelines.
Key Result Areas:
- Customer Satisfaction
- New Business Support and Implementation
- Desirable: Bachelor degree preferably in Logistics (academic degree not mandatory for internal candidates)
- Professional Experience
- 5+ years experience in Freight and Logistics operations (multi modal) in a 3PL environment
- Understanding of supply chain solutions and technology to enable best process to be delivered for the customer
- Experience in a large / multinational company environment
- Experience in driving improvements in operations
- Leadership responsibility in direct and indirect reporting structures (line or project management)
- Personality Attributes
- Strong analytical skills with exceptional eye for detail.
- Dynamic individual with excellent interpersonal skills and high levels of self-motivation.
- Self starter with the ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Ability to deliver in a fast moving/dynamic environment.
- Excellent organisational/time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Able to fulfil time-critical tasks on time, keep schedules and datelines
- Ability to influence and align business managers to ensure client is fully supported
Please click HERE to apply