Junior EHS Engineer required for bio client site in Cork
PE Global is currently recruiting for a Junior EHS Engineer for a Client site in Cork:
A great opportunity to work with an EHS team supporting day to day activities/tasks.
Be part of a high-performance team on a large Engineering project within a multinational company. Work with multi-functional project team members from diverse technical backgrounds.
Gain valuable experience in design, construction and commissioning elements of large capital projects.
The position will support the EHS Lead role (and their team) in the deployment and implementation of Company and Regulatory EHSS requirements and standards in project design, construction and commissioning phases. The role is primarily focused on providing daily support to EHS team -
- Administer the internal management systems, updating documentation, to coordinate system audits and follow-up on action plans progress as suitable for a graduate level role. Track reports and actions and create progress reports.
- To ensure client and site management system documents (EHS procedures and instructions) are kept up to date and controlled.
- Support the administration of necessary training sessions/programmes for the project team.
- Support documentation for regular EHS meetings, EHS reviews/walk-downs, EHS assessments, consultant’s reports, reviews and audits as per site/project procedures and schedules.
- Support EHS Lead in the execution of comprehensive interface plan and communication plan. Frontline daily EHS interface with key site contacts that can impact the Janssen site.
- Ensure adequate local site EHS input into the new facilities SOP’s, work instructions and other documents
- Compilation, filing and retention (hard and soft copy) as required of EHS/project related information in an audit ready state (permitting, URS, HAZOP/ Atex, JSA’s, FATs/SAT reports, important changes etc.).
- To ensure the internal and external reporting of EHS metrics/statistics is communicated as directed by the EHS lead.
He/she will have a strong general/technical knowledge and experience from college placements within industry, and be a strong/effective communicator.
- Relevant years of experience: Experience from placements within industry
- Degree/Diploma in Science, Engineering, Safety, Environmental Sciences or related field.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good Microsoft skills e.g. excel, dashboards and power-point presentations.
- Ability to assemble project information into clearly written reports (tables, graphs, PowerPoint etc.)
Note - All tasks and duties outlined above will be under the supervision, direction and support of the EHS Team Leader. A weekly check-in will ensure the graduate is clear on expectations, tasks, timelines, clarifications etc.
Interested candidates should send their CV to or call 0214297900