Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – thei...
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people. Mercer's 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital.
In Ireland, Mercer employs over 550 employees in offices based in Dublin and Cork.
The successful candidate will provide investment consulting advice to a broad range of clients. Candidates will be responsible, alongside senior consultants, for managing client relationships by preparing and aiding in the delivery of advice in the areas of investment strategy, manager structure & selection, liability hedging and fiduciary management.
Mercer's Investment business is a leading provider of investment consulting and fiduciary management services. We offer customised advice and support at every stage of the investment decision, risk management and investment monitoring process. In addition to core consulting, we have developed a number of specialist teams thereby ensuring we offer a full range of services to our clients. We have been dedicated to meeting the needs of clients for more than 30 years and have been named European Investment Consultancy of the Year for five years (2006 – 2010) by the Financial News and were named Asset Managing Consultant of the Year in 2011.
Report To: Paul Kenny
Develop strong working relationships with all members of the team – junior, mid level and senior. Comfortable working with senior client contacts. Actively manage clients alongside senior consultants.
- Helping manage a portfolio of clients on a day-to-day basis, providing support in relation to the provision of investment consultancy advice on a range of issues.
- Attending meetings to present reports, discuss issues, give strategic investment advice and deal with ad-hoc queries.
- Developing appropriate investment strategy and implementation arrangements as part of a team.
- Overseeing implementation of changes to investment manager arrangements, investment strategy, etc.
- Helping ensure clients are kept informed of major developments in the industry and advised on developments that may impact their investment policies.
- Supporting business development initiatives.
- There is also the potential to contribute to manager research and/or specialist research areas
- 5+ years in similar or pensions / investment management / banking related role.
- Proven track record of building strong working relationships with senior colleagues.
- Comfortable dealing with key client contacts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail is critical.
- Knowledge of and interest in investment markets / strategies.
- Strong project management skills. Proven ability to manage simultaneous projects and to meet multiple deadlines.
- Proactive and goal orientated.
- Third level qualification with a strong academic track record.
- Would suit CFA / qualified actuary.
- Should hold or be willing to work towards the QFA qualification.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhausted list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Mercer - Irish Pensions Consultancy of the Year 2012, European Pensions Awards. Mercer is an equal opportunities employer
- Possess strong IT skills (in particular a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint).