Mercer is a global leader in human resource consulting and related services. The firm works with clients to solve their most complex human capital issues by designing and helping manage health, ret...
Mercer is a global leader in human resource consulting and related services. The firm works with clients to solve their most complex human capital issues by designing and helping manage health, retirement and other benefits. Mercer’s 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries.
In Ireland, Mercer employs over 550 employees in offices based in Dublin and Cork.
Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. With 52,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue exceeding $10 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, a global leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter, a global leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; and Oliver Wyman, a global leader in management consulting. For more information, visit http://www.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @MercerInsights.
We are now looking to recruit an experienced professional into the Cork investment team, initially to cover maternity leave and to meet wider business needs over the longer term.
The successful candidate will provide investment consulting advice to a broad range of clients, particularly Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution pension plans. A key part of the role will be the maintenance of strong relationship with the assigned portfolio of clients – sometimes in a lead role and sometimes as a support. The successful candidate will also be expected to contribute to business development, in winning new clients and selling additional services to existing clients.
The role will report to the head of the Investments team in Cork.
Mercer's Investment business is a leading provider of investment consulting and fiduciary management services. We offer customised advice and support at every stage of the investment decision, risk management and investment monitoring process. In addition to core consulting, we have developed a number of specialist teams thereby ensuring we offer a full range of services to our clients. In Ireland the team consists of in excess of 30 investment professionals.
- Managing a portfolio of clients on a day-to-day basis, either as the lead consultant or in support of a senior consultant
- Maintaining strong relationships with key client contacts, ensuring regular contact face-to-face and over the phone
- Proactively advising clients on their investment arrangements, and driving the investment agenda for clients
- Providing client-specific investment advice on a wide range of issues, including investment strategy and portfolio structure
- Remaining abreast of industry developments and evolving investment ideas, and proactively advising clients on implications
- Being recognised by client contacts as making a strong and valued contribution to the management of their pension plan
- Contributing to manager research and/or specialist research areas and development of intellectual capital for the business.
- Contribute to the ongoing growth of the business
- 5+ years in similar or pensions / investment management / banking related role.
- Strong relationship management and people skills
- Capable of leading a client team, with a proven track record of building strong working relationships with senior and junior colleagues.
- Comfortable leading client relationships and dealing directly with senior client contacts. Proven ability to influence key decision makers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Commercial focus
- Knowledge of investment markets
- Strong project management abilities
- Would suit CFA charter holder or newly qualified Actuary
- Should hold or be willing to work towards the QFA qualification.
- Possess strong IT skills. (in particular a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhausted list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Mercer is an equal opportunities employer