Job Title: Internal Audit
Job Title: Internal Audit Manager
Aviva Role Level: D
Reports to: Head of Audit, UK Life - Finance
Location: York / Dublin
Background: Under the guidance of the Senior Manager, assesses and reports (to Group and Regional/Business Unit Audit and Risk committees and to management as appropriate) on the effectiveness of the design and operation of the framework of controls which enable risk to be assessed and managed through delivery of audit reviews in your business unit
Duties & Responsibilities:
Audit Plan - supporting the delivery of the audit plan for the area of responsibility including additional ad hoc/ bespoke audit work as requested
- Leading individual reviews, including complex reviews across multiple locations, from planning to close. Producing / delivering high quality working papers and audit file to support the findings of the reviews assigned and manages senior auditors for reviews that they are assigned.
- Produces high quality and concise audit reports for Senior Manager review.
- Report findings from audit fieldwork to local business management in order to influence their actions to deliver a more effective controls framework.
- Manages other manager/senior auditors for the reviews that they are assigned
- Ensure audit engagement objectives are met.
- Lead issue tracking and manage issues including regular stakeholder management meetings.
- Committee reports – Contributing to the production of reports to Internal Audits key stakeholders (e.g. PMM, Audit Committees, Risk Committees, and Board Committees etc) and through these influencing management actions to deliver a more effective controls framework where appropriate.
- Methodology - Appropriate application of the Internal Audit methodology.
- IA Projects – Contributing to wider IA initiatives and projects if/where appropriate.
- Effective People Management – responsible for own development and ensuring objectives are met and personal development plans in place as well as supporting / coaching Senior Auditors and Auditors.
- Management 1st /2nd line – Establishing strong stakeholder relationships as appropriate to gain a good understanding of the business, the challenges it faces and the key inherent risks
- External Audit – Supports senior manager/head of with External Audit management on assignment within Region/BU.
- Internal Audit – Global IA network to leverage skills / knowledge to improve overall delivery of results
- External - External network of peers in equivalent firms and professional service firms to indentify emerging issues / practice