We are looking for a Health & Safety officer for our nationwide Irish contractor client who is involved in a new build project in Dublin city centre. Ideally, we would require previous new build experience and five years plus in a safety officer capacity.
We are looking for a Health & Safety officer for our nationwide Irish contractor client who is involved in a new build project in Dublin city centre. Ideally, we would require previous new build experience and five years plus in a safety officer capacity. A third level Health & Safety qualification or equivalent is a prerequisite. This is a permanent salaried role. The role will be to:
- Proactively champion the health and safety function, and safe working practices across the company’s activities and operations.
- Monitor legislative updates, ensuring necessary changes are applied promptly.
- Regularly review and update Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures, and Safety Statement, communicating any updates across site.
- Complete Safety Induction Training for all new employees and sub-contractors, and maintain documentary evidence of same,
- Develop Emergency, Evacuation and Traffic Management Plans for sites.
- Carry out Safety Audits.
- Investigate, record and report accidents, incidents and near-misses promptly, ensuring any corrective actions are implemented without delay.
- Provide relevant accident information for insurance purposes.
- Identify new and on-going safety related training requirements, ensuring all mandatory training is reviewed and delivered on time.
- Ensure that correct PPE is availed of at all times by all relevant employees.
- Review sub-contractors’ Safety Statements and Safety Compliance.
- Attend regular Health & Safety meetings.
- Liaise with organisations such as the HAS and other relevant professional bodies.
- Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and regulations.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement.
- Strong IT / Administration skills essential.
- Full & Clean Driver’s Licence (must have own transport).
Generous package including a vehicle is afforded.