Information Security Analyst - Long-term daily rate contract
Job Title: Information Security Analyst
Job type: 12 month daily rate contract
Location: Dublin City Centre
Global Leader in Software for Infrastructure Services, has an immediate requirement for a highly skilled Information Security Analyst.
- Identify, document, and assess information security vulnerabilities and risks in the information technology environment.
- Translate regulatory requirements to company service controls and communicate alignment to stakeholders.
- Maintains access for business by providing information, resources, and technical support.
- Monitoring compliance with IT Security policy and applicable law
- Collaborate with other groups inside the business to manage security vulnerabilities and help manage risk
- Conduct company-wide data classification assessment and security audits and manage remediation plans.
- Handling security incidents as reported by individuals and automated systems on laptops and mobile devices.
- Handling support of PC and Mac based users with security related problems
- Prioritising and differentiating between potential intrusion attempts and false alarms
- Coordinate and execute IT security projects for the company, both in Ireland and remotely at other locations
- Engage in security research in keeping abreast of latest security issues for laptops
- Monitoring system compliance with the IT framework for controls and levels of access; recommending improvements
- Administer security-dedicated systems (Software Firewall management, log collection, reporting , analytics) as appropriate
- Staying up to date with current vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Your skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Assurance or related field
- Advanced degree desirable
- Must have Five+ years of progressive experience in computing and information security
- Must have experience with networking technology, protocols and Firewall technologies
- Expert knowledge is desired of laptop operating systems (MacOS, Windows and Linux)
Have previous experience of working with any of the following area is a plus:
- Intrusion Detection Systems )IDS)
- Vulnerability Assessment tools
- Web Application Firewall (WAF)
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Malware and endpoint protection tools
- Security Analytics (Splunk, Sumologic, ELK, etc)
- Security log management & tools (syslog-ng, logstash, AD event to syslog translation)
- Knowledge of information security standards (e.g., ISO 17799/27002, etc.), rules and regulations related to information security and data confidentiality (e.g., FERPA, HIPAA, etc.) and desktop, server, application, database, network security principles for risk identification and analysis.
- Previous experience working in a multi-national corporate working environment is desirable
- Proven project management experience a bonus - specifically experience in managing remote office configuration and bring up and working with remote / off-site vendors
- Experience should include security education, helpdesk operations and user support, malware detection and eradication
- CISSP, GIAC or other security certifications desired.
- This position requires some weekend and evening assignments if necessary, as well as availability during off-hours for participation in scheduled and unscheduled activities.
- Rate is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
A unique, high profile long-term day rate contract in Dublin.
For immediate consideration, call Neil Sullivan on 01 6793182