Applications are invited for the position of IR/HR Executive in IBEC's Cork office. The
Applications are invited for the position of IR/HR Executive in IBEC's Cork office. The person will be delivering Industrial Relations and Human Resource services to members; building effective working relationships with members; relevant agencies and IBEC colleagues.
Closing date 20 December, 2012. This is a two year fixed term contract.
- Provide human resource and industrial relations advice to an assigned group of member organisations
- Represent member companies before third party employment bodies
- Represent member companies in union/company negotiations
- Carry out IR/HR roster duty as assigned
- Develop written contributions for IBEC publications as required
- Provide input to IBEC training courses in the area of Industrial Relations/Human Resource
- Deliver training in the area of Industrial Relations/Human Resource
- Represent the interests of employers on external committees
- Be an active participant on various IBEC project teams as required
- Keep abreast of employment law; industrial relations and human resource developments
- Liaise with member companies regarding subscription payments with the view to obtaining timely settlement.
- Promote and support membership development initiatives
NOTE: This list is not exhaustive but serves to reflect the nature of the duties included in the role. Given the nature of the organisation and the need to respond to members’ needs on an ongoing basis, the role is subject to change over time.
Candidates must have a Full Driving licence and access to a car.
- Primary degree required. Human Resource/Industrial Relations/Employment Law related qualification preferable
- Other relevant qualifications
- Comprehensive knowledge of Employment Law and its application in unionised and non unionised workplaces
- Industrial Relations and Human Resource Developments in Ireland and globally
- Understanding of the role of Labour Court, LRC and EAT
- Competitive, regulatory and cost issues facing business in Ireland
- Minimum three years relevant experience
To view the full job description, please click the link below