IT Tutor, 36 hours per week
Applications are invited for the following position:
Post: Course Tutor, FÁS contracted training -
Information Technology Applications - 2 positions
Term: 36 Hours per week, Specific Purpose Contract, 10 weeks x 2 courses
Location: Dublin 15 & Balbriggan
Experience and Qualifications required:
Good general standard of education NFQ Level 5 or above.
Certificates of computer skills training. Good keyboard skills.
Competent to instruct in career planning and personal development.
All trainers are required to be technically qualified / experienced in their field of expertise e.g. keyboarding, word-processing, spreadsheets, information technology, internet, email and optional modules pertaining to the course.
An understanding of human learning and the ability to apply the principles of effective learning. Ability to assess learner's progress in training and to give constructive feedback.
A 3rd Level Training Qualification in Training and Development or related discipline is required, with 4 years post-qualification training experience.
Ability to recognise and manage the different forms of interpersonal behaviour. Ability to motivate and manage individuals and groups. Ability to give supportive help to individuals and groups and know when to remove support to encourage independent learning skills.
At least 6 years relevant work experience is essential. At least two years supervisory/management or group work experience is desirable.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Relationship management skills
Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
Experience in the setting up of work placement opportunities for learners
High degree of efficiency and attention to detail
Ability to work in a team environment.
Ability to meet key performance indicators in relation to certification and placement of learners
A full driver's licence and own means of transport
The closing date for applications is: Wednesday 6th February 2013.
A panel may be formed as a result of this Interview process. This opportunity is opened to secondment for internal applicants.
Please note Interviews for this position will take place on Thursday 7th February.
Rehab Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer Rehab Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Job Title: Course Tutor,
FÁS Contracted Training -
Information Technology Applications
Reporting To: Course Manager
Brief Description/Purpose of Job
The Tutor shall be responsible for the training and development of all learners on their programme in accordance with the agreed training programme specification (TPS), together with the day-to-day management and maintenance of all aspects of the programme.
1. Provide systematic training according to specified curricula, maintaining all records required for effective monitoring of the learners progress.
2. Maintain records of all training in accordance with both internal and external quality standards and producing reports on same, as required.
3. As a key member of the team, evaluate the progression needs of each learner and produce a profile of those needs.
4. Instil by example and direct training, effective work attitudes and work behaviours in each learner, and provide learners with adequate and constructive feedback about their progress.
5. Develop curricula and innovative interventions in co-operation with Programme Development.
6. Ensure that there is a rational and economical use of all equipment, materials and supplies, and that all equipment is maintained in good working order.
7. Meet key performance indicators of the contract in relation to learner placement and progression and achievement of certification targets.
8. Apply all standards and procedures relating to Health & Safety Acts and maintain the highest levels of safety, constantly reminding learners of possible dangers.
9. Report to the Course Manager on all matters pertaining to the programme and immediately inform the Manager should any problems arise.
10. Carry out his/her work of instruction and general work training under the guidance of the management of National Learning Network and co-operate fully with the Tutors of other sections and relevant stakeholder such as FÁS as required.
11. Observe all rules, standards and regulations in operation, as laid down from time to time.
12. Contribute to the continuous improvement activities of National Learning Network and actively participate in and promote a culture of excellence throughout all National Learning Network activities and services.
13. Carry out any other duties and responsibilities within the general requirements of the above job specification as may be required from time to time.
Knowledge & Work Experience
1. A minimum of five years experience in delivering accredited training e.g. FETAC, City and Guilds, ECDL, Microsoft Office Specialist to Level 4, 5 or 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications.
2. A minimum of 5 years experience working in a Business environment.
3. Experience of working within a team environment.
4. Experience of facilitating and implementing of individualised learning plans.
5. Experience of maintaining a focus on Health, Safety, Hygiene and good housekeeping guidelines in a training setting and ensuring best practice.
6. Experience maintaining relationships with stakeholders in the provision of the service.
7. Experience in the identification of the provision of employment and further education opportunities for course participants in their areas of interest.
Aptitudes / Competencies
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational, logistical skills
- Ability to manage a training environment
- Ability to develop individual learning plans with learners to support progression plans
- Ability to meet KPIs in relation to placement and certification targets
- Ability to motivate learners
- Ability to maintain networks within the local communities
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with internal colleagues and external agencies
- Strong IT and report writing skills
- Ability to maintain records of all training in accordance with both internal and external quality standards and accrediting bodies
- Maintain quality systems
- Highly motivated self starter
- Team orientated
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Interest in continuous improvement
- Community knowledge
- Energy & Enthusiasm
- Ability to manage and adapt to a changing environment
- Effective listening and communication skills
- Motivation skills
- Flexibility as regard to working hours
- Professional and confident approach
- Work on own initiative
- Empathetic towards learners
- Flexibility required as part of day to day duties in the role
- Flexibility to attend training courses as required by National Learning Network
- A full driving licence is required
Please enter your email address
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter your email address
Please enter a valid email address