IT Field Service / Network Support Engineer
vbt is an IT Services Company offering a full solution to clients, specialising in the following areas:
- Networking Solutions
- Accounting Software
- Software Development
vbt are recruiting for an experienced IT Field Service Engineer to join our Network Support Team. The team is responsible for providing Telephone/Remote Access Helpdesk and On-site Support & Network Installation for our expanding client base. The successful candidate will be based in our offices in Kilmacanogue, which is located on the N11 south of Bray, as well as on client sites.
- Previous experience in an IT Field Service role is essential
- Experience of Installation & Trouble-shooting of Windows Server & Windows SBS 2003/2008 and Exchange Server 2003/2007
- Experience of Installation & System Administration of Windows 7 and XP
- Experience of Routers, Firewalls, VPN Set-Up & Configuration
- Experience of Microsoft Office, Printers & Smart Phones
- Excellent problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Excellent communication skills with fluent spoken and written English
- Ability to take ownership of issues and follow through to resolution
- Must be team player with strong customer service focus
- Full clean Driving Licence is essential
Role & Responsibilities:
- Provide Telephone, Remote Access & On-Site Technical Support to Clients
- Trouble-shoot issues relating to Servers, PCs, Laptops and Printers to include Connectivity, Email, Security, Permissions, Backups etc.
- Installation & Configuration of Servers, PCs, Laptops, Routers and Printers
- Ensure excellent customer service is provided to Clients
Salary: Competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications.