IT Auditor required for our risk assurance practice. Please contact 017926372 for more details
Our Systems and Process Assurance (SPA) department within the Risk Assurance Solutions practice who provide services related to the financial reporting process. This includes business process level controls and IT specific controls. We serve both audit and non-audit clients, in providing a wide range of services including financial audit support, process assurance and controls optimisation.
The role involves taking charge of a broad variety of reviews from planning to completion. Responsibilities include:
- Managing small to medium IT audit jobs as part of the external financial audit assignments.
- Responsible for supervising and on the job coaching for junior staff.
- Reviewing the work of less experienced team members
- Delivering high quality work within agreed timeframes and budgets;
- Developing and maintaining personal networks within PwC and in the marketplace;
Education / Professional Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in technology, computer science or a related field
- Minimum of four years progressive IT Audit experience in an accounting firm
- CISA certified, exams passed awaiting certification or intending to take the exam within 12 months
- Experience in a senior role on IT General controls reviews and preferably as part of financial audits.
- Reasonable Accounting knowledge and a basic understanding of the COBIT fundamentals.
- Exposure to SOX related IT reviews an added advantage.
- Ability to evaluate exceptions to identify mitigating controls.
- Provide practical and value-added recommendations to clients on issues noted.
- Prepare concise, easily understood, and timely oral and written communications
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Ability to coach junior staff on the job
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with people across all levels of an organisation
- Flexible, self-motivated, self-directed, able to work both as a team member and independently