ArcRoyal (an Owens & Minor Company) are a Medical Devices Manufacturer based in Kells, Co. Meath. We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Assistant to join the IT Team.
ArcRoyal (an Owens & Minor Company) are a Medical Devices Manufacturer based in Kells, Co. Meath. We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Assistant to join the IT Team in Kells, Co Meath.
Primary responsibility is for the maintenance, support, debugging and documentation of ArcRoyal’s software both custom developed and purchased, hardware, networks and infrastructure. Also responsible for providing backup support in other IT areas when required and deemed necessary by your manager
- Provide support and maintenance on ArcRoyal’s Information systems – software, hardware, networks, and other communication areas as deemed by your manager
- Provide remote and desk side support to users
- Manage and track tickets efficiently and effectively to close
- Identify issues that cannot be resolved and ensure correct support and detail is provided to escalation points
- Identify problems raised by users to result in correction and / or retraining where required
- Assist with implementation of new software and systems when developed and trained.
- To support, train, and guide all system users.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of software for reporting requirements where required
- Implement effective handover to maintenance and support of any newly implemented or developed software and / or hardware
- Ensure that all system procedures are followed in full and that all training documentation and systems documentation is up to date
- Carry out projects and duties as assigned by your manager in an efficient, timely and cost effective manner.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the team with regular updates to the knowledge base.
Education / Experience
- Relevant third level qualification.
- 1 - 2 years+ experience working in a busy IS Department preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and support experience of the following technologies: Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office Suite, Windows Server, LANs, WANs, WiFi, backup and recovery, Anti-Virus and other security systems.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must have a flexible approach to work and be capable of handling multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Ability to work with and empathise with colleagues and customers from varied cultures.