Distinct is a provider of Creative, Data-Driven, Customer Centric, Intelligent Business Solutions which deliver measurable results and valuable benefits to our clients.’
We use advanced data modelling techniques to improve sales performance, reduce customer churn and improve profitability for our clients. We work with our clients in the areas of Process Improvement, Operational Excellence, Customer Experience Management, Sales and Marketing Campaign Management.
Our clients include blue-chip banking, insurance, telecoms and healthcare companies in Europe, America and Australia.
As part of our continued growth, we are keen to recruit an IT Administrator to join our dynamic team. If you are looking for a new challenge in management consultancy and believe that you have the qualities to succeed in a dynamic and high growth consultancy environment, then we would like to hear from you.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide service to Distinct employees, remote users, contractors & clients while protecting the integrity and confidentiality of all data and information through physical and electronic measures and in line with the company’s Information security policies.
- Take ownership of issues that cannot be resolved on a first line basis and sees the issue through to completion.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team, to multitask and to prioritise work.
- Troubleshoot problems and issues related to support service delivery in a timely fashion.
- Provide clear and concise reports on status of all calls to ICT Operations Manager.
- Monitor the daily service desk queue, resolving issues assigned in a timely manner.
- Communicate resolutions effectively with end users and update service desk system details as appropriate.
- Manage the backup daily and weekly processes for all systems and logs accordingly.
- Escalate issues to ICT Operations Manager within SLA & OLA guidelines.
- Research solutions to technical problems and communicate effectively to the team.
- Maintain an up to date service desk call log, resolution database, and follow up updates.
- Maintain up to date documentation of builds, and software package deployment.
- Maintain up to date asset register , and licensing information in compliance with ITIL framework and ISO27001 Standard
- Troubleshoot and work to resolve requests which are sent back to the service desk as received and within service levels.
- Comply with Distinct’s Technical Services Department Policies and Procedures.
- Carry out any duties and additional asks that may be assigned by Operations Manager and senior management once it is within the scope of Information Technology.
Experience and Skills required for the role of ICT Technical Support:
- Degree/Diploma in an IT or Business related discipline, with computer programming, systems analysis, system development, systems engineering.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in I.T service desk support roles.
- Technical knowledge of Active directory, Windows Server environment, network and telecom components is a must
- Good knowledge of VMware Virtualization environment fundamentals for administration duties is a must.
- Good understanding of ITIL framework operations and workflow is a must.
- Basic knowledge of Linux/Unix systems
- Ability to demonstrate respect and recognition towards a healthy work environment.
- Understands need for end user satisfaction.
- Creates and facilitates collaboration and cooperation among diverse groups.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- A positive and strategic thinker.
What to Expect:
- As an employee you can expect competitive reward, job satisfaction and intellectual challenge.
- As a business we will invest in training and we will support your development so that our clients benefit from your continuous improvement and advancement