The client is looking for an experienced IP Engineer using CCNA AND MPLS. For an immediate start.
The Client is a global provider of Communications Solutions and IT Services with significant local operations in both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. The Client has annual revenues in excess of GB£800m and near to 3,000 employees. In Ireland, the client enables Communication Providers deliver first-in-class business and consumer services. Large corporate and government organisations rely on the client to bring together their communications services securely and efficiently – in many cases, the client designs, builds and maintain customers’ networks on their behalf.
Purpose Of Role:
The role holder will meet business and team objectives, solve client problems and deliver flawlessly to further the ability to win future business and grow revenue . He/she will work proactively with various teams across the business to deliver improvements on the way we work. Throughout, he/she will maintain a good client relationship and drive excellent customer satisfaction.
The role is for a Network Engineer to join the delivery team which is dedicated to delivering services both locally and Globally. The role is based in Dublin. :-
- Manage a queue of delivery work into the team – work on and distribute orders to team members, ensure orders are worked on in order of priority and meeting agreed SLA’s and quality standards.
- Work on Technical projects/delivery support tasks for their managers or sponsors independently with minimal guidance. This may involve working alone or as part of a wider project/support team, managing and delivering on specific tasks
- Expected to complete complex customer configurations from a Network design and provide customer support during turn up of services
- Troubleshoot / resolve customer issues identified during RTT / Migrations of services
- Proactively drive continuous improvement that will help drive efficiency, reduce cost and improve customer service
- Acts as a source of technical expertise to others in own area and across the business
- Will identify skills gaps within the team and proactively coach and mentor other team members to improve their skills
- Perform manual configurations on MPLS PE routers in accordance with NCCA guidelines, procedures and method statements, and strict adherence to the GS Network Activity Policy and Planned Engineering Works Policy
- Will participate in an on-call rota to support out of hours scheduled customer delivery
- As required, work on project / bid related work, represent the team to assess work and resources requirement and feed into implementation & project plans
- Work with Services Implementation Managers on new Product Launches, feed in Network Build requirements & be responsible for completing ORT successfully
- Work with internal, external customers & third party suppliers
- CCNA Or NRS1 Certified
- Juniper experience an advantage.
- MPLS Network background
- Multiple routing protocol knowledge including BGP, OSPF routing
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Excellent organisational & time-management skills. Ability to deliver to tight timescales
- Strong attention to detail & accuracy
- Creative & enthusiastic – the client constantly needs new ideas to keep us innovating
- Display innovative thinking by acting on own initiative to identify & resolve problems and drive continuous improvement
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability and will to work in a pressurised & demanding environment
- Experience of Cisco routing protocols.
- 5 Years + experience across wide variety of IP Solutions in varying roles
- Working knowledge of L2 & L3 protocols
- Ideally previous experience working in an Operational / delivery role.