Basic Purpose Reporting to an AVP, this particular role is project based working on an internal transition project that involves the coordination and onboard of a large amou...
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $24.37 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.09 trillion in assets under management at December 31, 2012, State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs 29,660 worldwide. For more information, visit State Street's website at www.statestreet.com.
Promoting a culture of excellence
With more than 29,660 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility — to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills.
We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us — people like you.
We encourage you to explore the possibilities that a career at State Street can offer you.
State Street is committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Reporting to an AVP, this particular role is project based working on an internal transition project that involves the coordination and onboard of a large amount of clients due to Statestreet’s acquisition of another administrator. This will involve working to stringent timelines in ensuring this project is successful and will require an experienced candidate who excels in their knowledge of all aspects of the NAV workflow and who displays excellent analytical and organizational skills.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for the quality of output assigned within the project group.
- Perform and/or monitor quality and internal controls for all team deliverables
- Plan and manage the daily processes and the effective utilisation of resources with the support of the AVP
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and carry out necessary corrective action, keeping team and AVP informed of issue. Record the issue in an issues log and track progress
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators are produced and dispatched as required
- Review corporate documentation on processes, procedures and controls and evaluate the continuing effectiveness of these and related systems, initiating remedial action as necessary. Ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures
- Monitor errors, complaints and potential breaches. Record as appropriate in the Errors log
- Ensure adherence to IFS internal policies and procedures
- Manage absences, time keeping and holiday/cover arrangements within the teams
- Ensure contingency plans exist for the work of the team and where necessary contribute to the business continuity plans and tests
- Participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products
- Assist with planning and management of all relevant project work
- Lead and motivate staff, particularly direct reports
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior; ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures
- Co-ordinate and implement training and development activities for individuals and the team
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to staff on technical, professional and client issues
- Agree goals, monitor and appraise the performance of team – providing regular formal and informal feedback ensuring the PPR system is updated within corporate deadlines
- Assist with recruitment of new staff
- Act as focal point for contacts and meetings with other departments and external contacts
- Conduct regular and structured team meetings ensuring action points are followed up
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with clients, third parties and colleagues, communicating effectively through formalised reporting and ad hoc liaison.
- Manage the administration billing process
- Manage and complete client initialization and transition
This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to demonstrate leadership, communication and technical expertise. They are responsible for implementing company policy, overseeing client deliverables and contributing to the development of the team and the organisation.
Minimum Job Specifications
- Equivalent to a minimum second class honours degree in Business, Accounting or related field. An accountancy qualification is preferred.
- Approximately 4-5 years related experience in a hedge fund accounting environment.
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem resolution skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Highly computer literate
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership skills
- Ability to build, train and manage effective teams