Hedge Fund Accounting Supervisor
As a Fund Accounting Supervisor at HedgeServ, you will be responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of NAV calculations and work closely with the fund accountants under your supervision. All tasks shall be executed within the guidelines and procedures provided by HedgeServ and under the supervision and guidance of the Fund Accounting Manager and Director.
Integral to this role is the supervision of the cash, position and OTC reconciliation process, including trade capture, processing corporate actions and pricing. The supervisor will assist in the development of the NAV team,setting goals and acting as a guide and mentor to direct reports. Every Fund Accounting Supervisor will receive excellent Induction Training in addition to both compulsory (AML/KYC) and ongoing technical training, personal & management development. Additional client-specific training will be provided by the NAV Manager.
The combination of tasks required to be executed will vary depending on both client structure, client requirements and business needs.
Key Accountabilities of the Role include:
- Review cash, position and market value reconciliations.
- Resolve break items on reconciliations in a timely manner.
- Review fund pricing.
- Review corporate actions.
- Review profit and loss reports for reasonableness.
- Review income and expense accruals including fee calculations and trading accruals.
- Review fund trial balance.
- Review profit allocations to fund investors.
- Review compliance with HedgeServ defined checklists, procedures and controls.
- Converse and liaise with internal services departments to resolve miscellaneous fund issues.
- Escalate fund accounting issues and aged items to Fund Accounting Manager.
- Respond to client queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist in the audit process including preparation of fund financial statements.
- Assist team development by providing guidance, training and mentoring to Fund Accountants, setting their goals and monitoring performance.
- Ensure pre-agreed internal and external deadlines are met consistently.
- HedgeServ operates a client focused structure which provides a wide-range of experience to all levels of employees
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree. Min. 2.2 honors degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a Hedge Fund Administration Firm
- Strong IT skills Literate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and well organized
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure and independently.
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Good initiative tempered with identifying when escalation is required.
- Strong systems, product and process knowledge
- Reliable and Dependable
- Ability to positively influence team morale
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Take ownership of designated tasks
- Act as a role model for HedgeServ
Please ensure your CV outlines the final results of any university or college qualifications.