Accountant, Hedge Fund Accounting – Contract
Our Client is a global leader in the Financial Services Industry. Delivering investment management, asset and fund administration services.
As global markets have grown more fast-paced and complex, our client has continued to establish new offices and develop new products and services to meet their clients’ needs.
They are the largest administrator of offshore private equity funds inEurope, and one of the world’s leading providers of institutional index management services.
Serving both personal and institutional clients, to provide focused investment management capabilities.
- The Senior Fund Accountant evaluates and reconciles funds including mutual, commingled, and collective for production of client month-end reports or for daily valuation. Verifies transactions, audits income reports within scheduled timeframes and resolves exceptions on a daily basis for fund accounts.
- Deliver high quality service to customers by accurate, timely completion of all assigned tasks (which may be parts of larger processes) and requests for information.
- Complete valuations schedules
- Own valuation process for assigned portfolios
- Review underlying portfolios
- Enter fund details and strike NAVs
- Issue NAVs accurately and within defined timeframes
- Dispatch prices
- Organise payment of operating expenses
- Perform tasks under supervision of defined processes or procedures and check for errors. Ensure procedures in relation to above tasks are adhered to
- Collect, enter and extract data and undertake analysis as directed. Assist in the preparation of client reports e.g. taxation, equalisation, funds under custody/admin. Resolve queries
- Identify and ‘own’ problems, correct them as far as is possible and refer as/if appropriate. Reconcile Queries in a timely and appropriate manner. Question work methods where appropriate. Liaise with other units – Shareholder Services, Trustee, Corporate Actions, Control, Accounts and Fund Managers
- Seek to learn quickly and continually improve service offered
- Assist other colleagues as appropriate. Act as effective team member within the unit and with other units by imparting knowledge as appropriate
- Demonstrates understanding of the need for high-touch client service
- Maintains quality of work and deliverables through change
- Seeks to develop own skills and capability
- Takes on others responsibilities/tasks as and when is necessary to ensure team outputs achieved
- Demonstrates willingness to help and others outside team
- Takes care over tasks and demonstrates commitment to producing high quality work and to timeframes required
- Demonstrates a polite and friendly manner when dealing with others
- Recognises problems and deals with them quickly and efficiently
If you are interested in this position please contact David Newsway on 01 6760505 or apply below
Please note due to the large volume of applications we are currently receiving, one of our consultants shall be in touch only if your application is suitable and matches the experience required.
We at Quest are a Team of experienced and professional Financial Recruiters who are solely dedicated to recruiting for the Financial Services Industry.
Through our reputation, in-depth sector knowledge and impeccable standards of conduct and confidentiality we have developed professional relationships with Financial World Leaders located throughout Ireland, Luxembourg, Bermuda and the Cayman Islands. Our experienced Funds Team offer a personalised service and will listen closely to what you want - your career goals and motivations.
We endeavour to effectively and efficiently maximise your job requirements perfectly with the role, company fit, culture and overall remuneration package.