Hedge Fund Accountant, HedgeServ
As a Fund Accountant you will be responsible for the execution of challenging tasks within the fund accounting or NAV department. They shall be executed within the guidelines and procedures provided by HedgeServ and under the supervision and guidance of a Fund Accounting Supervisor and Fund Accounting Manager.
Integral to the Fund Accountant’s role are reconciliation, trade capture, processing corporate actions and pricing. You will be required to perform these core tasks accurately and in a timely and efficient manner. Every Fund Accountant will receive excellent Induction Training in addition to both compulsory training (AML/KYC) and optional training and personal development. Additional, client-specific training will be provided by the NAV Supervisor. Everyone at Hedgserv collaborates and shares ideas, supporting each other as they develop in their role.
The combination of tasks required to be executed by you, will vary depending on both client structure, client requirements and business needs.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
- Assist in the production of daily, weekly and monthly NAV, ensuring completion of specified tasks per NAV checklists.
- Perform cash, position and market value reconciliations between HedgeServ, brokers and clients.
- Identify and investigate break items on reconciliations in a timely manner.
- Escalate fund accounting issues and aged items to the Fund Accounting Supervisor.
- Ensure all positions are priced correctly.
- Verify corporate actions to ensure accurate processing.
- Prepare daily profit and loss reports and review for reasonableness.
- Calculate and process income and expense accruals including fee calculations and trading accruals.
- Comply with HedgeServ’s defined checklists, procedures and controls.
- Assist in the audit process if required.
- Attend and participate in team meetings.
- Converse and liaise with internal service departments to resolve miscellaneous fund issues.
- Ensure pre agreed internal and external deadlines are met consistently.
- HedgeServ operates a client focused structure which provides a wide-range of experience to all levels of employee.
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- 1-2 years Hedge Fund Accounting experience
- Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree. Min. 2.2 honors degree
- Strong IT Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and well organized
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure and independently.
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Good initiative tempered with identifying when escalation is required.
- Reliable, dependable and committed
- Flexible and willingness to adapt
- Take ownership of designated tasks
- Act as a role model for HedgeServ
Please ensure your CV outlines the final results of any university or college qualifications.