Hearing Aid Audiologist,Hearing aid sales, end user sales
Hearing Aid Audiologist
Nature and Scope
We provide a community hearing service through our high street practice but also national satellite centres .We ensure the delivery of a high quality professional service, to meet company standards of patient care, customer satisfaction and commercial activity.
Your contribution to the overall process lies in testing people with hearing difficulties, establishing whether they can be aided by amplified sound, fitting and adjusting hearing aids. In addition you will carry out aural rehabilitation to train a hard of hearing person to become a hard or hearing person with hearing aids. As a Hearing Aid Audiologist you will have frequent contact with customers who have a range of hearing needs that you need to be empathetic of, and to a great extent be able to respond to and satisfy by offering the patient the opportunity of different levels of hearing technology and council accordingly.
Activities of the role:
- Perform Hearing assessments and identify medical referable conditions in accordance with current acceptable standards (BSA)
- Prepare internal and external hearing assessment reports
- Prescribe suitable hearing aids,assistive devices and noise protection based on test results and needs of your client
- Take ear impressions and prepare, design, and modify ear moulds
- To promote best practice in the field of audiology, dispensing and patient aftercare
- Deliver aural rehab to client and clients family as part of a structured client journey
- Take responsibility for your own Continual Professional Development, keeping abreast of new auditory enhancement technologies and new audiology practices.
- To maintain effective means of communication at all times
- To be competent in the management of information, including daily company reports and client record cards/database
- To act as a positive ambassador at organised promotional events including trade shows
- Maintain high standards at all times of personal appearance, timekeeping, attendance and respect of company property
- To understand and adhere at all times to company Health and Safety procedures and to ensure that the vehicles are presentable and driven safely within the law.
- Operate in line with company policies, procedures and current legislation at all times.
- Operate in the field,servicing partner clinics and domicilary appointments.
- Any other reasonable requests that may be made from time to time.
- Motivated and focused on achieving own goals and sales targets.
- Confident about working within a national team.
- Commercially aware, and happy to offer the customer what they need.
- Dedicated to exemplary customer service to ensure client satisfaction.
- Excellent communication skills,with the ability to clearly communicate with a wide range of ages and ability,at all times with empathy and patience.
- Desire to do, see and enjoy a job well done.
- Confident driver and enjoys being out ‘on the road’.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive Commission structure
- Mileage/ company car
- Mobile phone