Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – thei...
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people. Mercer's 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital.
In Ireland, Mercer employs over 550 employees in offices based in Dublin and Cork.
- Supporting the Benefits Consulting Manager in the delivery of business plans and projects
- Providing management information and reports to the Benefits Consulting Manager as required
- Project managing major client healthcare market reviews
- Obtaining information from insurers/clients to enable scheme analysis to be carried out
- Completing transactional work for market review/scheme renewal in line with consultants requirements, collation of results in appropriate format and production of reports
- Preparing and delivering reports to clients within agreed service levels and timescales
- Liaising with insurers to ensure delivery of data, renewal terms and quotations in appropriate timescales
- Managing renewals of client portfolio allocated including communicating with client and insurers, and internally with client team
- Negotiating with insurers to achieve best terms for client
- Acting as an internal resource on healthcare issues
- Advising clients on benefits related queries (verbal and written)
- Liaising with Mercer Retirement consultants and client directors as appropriate
- Achieving financial / chargeable hours target
- Ensuring adherence to all internal and external compliance requirements
- Ensuring adherence to usage of Mercer’s HB Broker tool
- Logging all complaints and ensuring responsiveness is in line with Regulatory requirements
- At least 3 – 5 years experience in benefits consulting and/or administration
- QFA or MIIPM, AIIPM, FIIPM or APA (Life Assurance, Pensions and Savings and Investments, (and for healthcare if required) general insurance or progress towards or Grandfathered in RFP Categories 1, 2, 3, (and for healthcare if required) 4
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhausted list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Mercer is an equal opportunities employer