Health and Safety Manager
Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company based in Limerick has a requirement for Health and Safety Manager. This position is on a one year contract and is offering the opportunity to join an industry leading team.
Summary: Responsible for health and safety (H&S) regulatory compliance for the Limerick locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinates the activity of the Health and Safety team in conjunction with Senior Manager EHS & Security to ensure compliance with all relevant H&S legislation.
- Provides technical expertise for the organisation with regard to all H&S programmes and initiatives.
- Provides emergency planning and risk management.
- Acts as the Subject Matter Expert for specific EHS management systems
- Reviews and revises compliance documents pertaining to H&S issues including SOP’s, plans and policies routinely and as needed.
- Coordinates and reviews regulatory compliance documentation and reports to be submitted to outside regulatory agencies and internal audit groups.
- Responsible for obtaining and maintaining all required H&S permits to operate.
- Coordinates and develops plans and policies pertaining to onsite health and safety, and public safety.
- Acts as liaison between the EHS department and other onsite management and groups to resolve safety issues/concerns and to communicate EHS policy and assist with its implementation and enforcement.
Education and Experience:
- Requires BS/BA in an engineering, safety or science field with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- 1-3 years in a supervisory/leadership/senior role.
- Experience with regulated quality systems.
- Experience interacting with regulatory agencies
For more information on this position please call Lee-Ann Enright on 061 336 136 or apply online now and a member of the Harmonics team will be in touch.