The Health Safety and Environmental Manager will Support the Factory Management teams as the primary lead and coordinator for Health, Safety & Environmental activities processes on the designated site
Health Safety and Environmental Manager | County Tyrone | Omagh
Vickerstock are continuing to work in close partnership with our client in the food manufacturing and production sector for the recruitment of a Health Safety and Environmental Manager. Our client is a well-known and highly regarded company who are at the forefront of innovation and technical developments and due to further growth and expansion in their site they are seeking to recruit a Health Safety and Environmental Manager to join their team as the site lead.
The Health Safety and Environmental Manager will Support the Factory Management teams as the primary lead and coordinator for Health, Safety & Environmental activities processes on the designated site, advising management teams on legal requirements, industry best practice, and prevailing group standards.
The Health Safety and Environmental Manager will be responsible for the following duties within the role:
- Work in conjunction with site management and either UK or regional HSE leads to drive the Safety agenda incorporating training, accident investigation, culture and staff involvement, administration, insurance compliance, setting and improving standards etc, and in accordance with wider employee engagement programmes.
- Drives culture change / reinforcement of good safety cultures - creates the forums and opportunities to involve and communicate.
- Creates/develops standards/performance frameworks both internally and externally for performance assessment and benchmarking (e.g. ISO 18000/ISO14000).
- Coordinates the generation and routine maintenance/review of risk assessment and safe systems of work processes, including statutory inspections/reports, in order to meet legislative requirements
- Coordinate accident investigation processes, recording and reporting industrial injuries as required by the company, our insurers (including proactive pre claim management processes such as RSA care) and statutory bodies.
- Lead & coordinate EL Claims processes per prevailing Company protocol, acting as the primary contact for our Insurers and loss adjusters.
- Designates and carries out routine Site Health & Safety/Environmental audits to comply with the local site and wider regional requirements.
- Chairs the co-ordination of the activities of the site HSE Committee(s).
- Review, update and maintain Site Health & Safety/Environmental Policy & procedures manuals taking account of industry best practice and any prevailing standards (Human Element/Hazardous Processes)
- Involved in the specification requirement of required PPE for the site to ensure it is fit for purpose
- Represent the site/Company at local, regional or national H&S forums, exhibitions & conferences to obtain and improve safety awareness in the workplace building up appropriate and effective networks both internally and externally.
- Responsible for all activities associated with the co-ordination of the Environmental Management System for the site in line with
- ISO: 14001:2004
- The Pollution Prevention & Control Regulations (NI) 2003
- Responsible for all activates associated with maintaining the IPPC licence for the site, to include:
- Provide induction training and arranges identified and approved H&S related training needs.
The Health Safety and Environmental Manager must be able to demonstrate the following:
- At least 2 years, Health & Safety & Environment experience at a supervisory level in a medium sized / multi-site manufacturing or service company (75 employees +) or large organisation operating in fast moving consumer goods markets. Food industry experience would be an advantage.
- Suitable and relevant Health & Safety management qualification (or mix of equivalent experience) Ideally NEBOSH Diploma qualified (or equivalent) with active participation in the IOSH CPD programme.
- Suitably familiar with UK H&S & Environmental Legislation.
- Training needs analysis and implementation of training plans
- Preparation and delivery of induction and H&S skills/awareness training
This is a full time permanent role and the hours of work are 8.30am - 5pm Monday to Friday.
Salary: Industry Leading Salary
Contact Martin Sim to discuss this, or other Health Safety and Environmental job opportunities in absolute confidence on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV via the link on the page.