Head of Planning and Operational Improvement – Field Operations required for large Telecoms company based in Dublin 3.
Head of Planning and Operational Improvement – Field Operations
VP Field Operations
The Field Operations department supports a highly dynamic business and therefore needs to continuously adapt, plan for future change and implement programs to meet the business requirements.
This role will support the strategic planning effort within Field Operations to identify and drive key strategic/operational initiatives, developing long-term plans to improve efficiency, reduce costs and continuously finding ways to improve service to our customers.
The successful candidate will be innovative, have experience in business process re-engineering at a senior level, be financially astute, working in a collaborative manner to facilitate change.
The successful candidate will be required to deliver on the following:
- Support the VP of Field Operations in developing strategic plans and goals
- Achieve significant measurable cost savings for UPC through improved operational performance.
- Improve processes and operational capacity
- Reduce operational complexity and cost
- Identify opportunities for operational and customer service improvements
- Research and propose best practice
- Prepare business proposals
- Formulate and implement recommendations / solutions
- Assist the operational teams through the implementation phase
- Manage programs and projects
- Ensure key metrics and reports to manage and measure performance and improvements are in place to support the department in a strong business based approach.
- Align with Key business sponsors on business planning and strategy.
- Provide leadership across the Field Operations teams and ensure that the Managers are aligned to the departmental objectives.
- Provide effective executive level updates as required.
- Management of project managers and reporting analysts within the department.
- A high level of initiative, strong motivation and well developed capacity for self-direction in addition to an ability to work as part of a flexible team in a busy and complex work environment; flexibility to respond well to unexpected situations and tasks as they arise.
- Ability to efficiently and quickly grasp complex concepts and situations.
- Proven ability to work with senior members of the local corporate organisations.
- Flexibility around working hours will be required in response to the varying demands of the role.
Qualifications & Skills:
- BSc/MSc in business/finance discipline.
- Experience at a senior level in customer operations management with a strong focus on customer. service.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Stakeholder management experience.
- Experience working as a management consultant would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of working with / managing 3rd party vendors.
- A formal project / programme management qualification.
- Experience working in the telecoms industry.
- Professional Maturity and Expert Communicator.
- Customer Focused.
- Results Orientated.
- Effective Team player.
- Ability to accept Ownership and Accountability.
- Adaptable to Change / Flexibility in work approach and ability to manage changing priorities.