Reporting to the Head of Underwriting Operations, this person will lead and develop the Business Lines renewal underwriting teams to operationally deliver the Business Lines renewal busin...
Reporting to the Head of Underwriting Operations, this person will lead and develop the Business Lines renewal underwriting teams to operationally deliver the Business Lines renewal business plan
Key Performance Indicators
- Manages the Business Lines renewal underwriting teams to deliver on GWP plans across the broker and Agri (Direct) channels.
- Delivers on profitability and underwriting targets, effectively leveraging tools such as Tiering to ensure achievement of ZRC, retention and displacement plans.
- Enables, actively coaches, mentors and supports the business lines renewal underwriting teams to perform at a high-level, with all members of the teams challenged and motivated to achieve and surpass targets.
- Actively manages performance in line with the CI and Zurich Performance Management processes and drives accountability within the teams.
- Oversees and engages in effective selection, training, reward and motivation of staff to ensure that they are both committed and competent in achieving targets.
- Continually ensures that staff development needs (including UAL attainment and progression) are identified and that a talent management strategy is developed and maintained (aligned to the career development framework and IDPs) in order to support the creation of a high-performing organisation where talent flourishes and employee engagement is maximised.
- Working with the Portfolio Heads, ensures robust underwriting discipline (esp. within underwriting authority levels) is exercised at all times in renewing existing business, as evidenced by appropriate audit and file review scores / assessments.
- Actively engages as appropriate in key renewal discussions (internally and externally) and guides commercial decision making in relation to notable renewals.
- Manages key stakeholder relationships both internally and externally including the Head of Business Lines Underwriting (P&C), Heads of Portfolio and supports the Heads of Sales and of Direct and Partnerships (as appropriate) in building and maintaining relationships with external customers (both broker partners and insured).
- In conjunction with the Head of Underwriting Operations and the Underwriting Operations Services & CI Manager, drives development of the business lines underwriting operation by identifying and implementing effective leading edge practices, communications and procedures to ensure operational excellence, increased profitability and improved customer service.
- Ensures the delivery of the highest levels of customer service to all policyholders and claimants, including an appropriate first response service.
- Works with the Underwriting Operations Services & CI Manager to develop robust operations plans and goals that are strategically aligned with the larger business plan.
- Continuously reviews underwriting operations workflow and makes recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Promotes a culture of continuous improvement across all of Underwriting.
- Effectively champions the use and implementation of robotic process automation to release capacity and eliminate non value added processing activity.
- Supports the implementation of underwriting change programmes across business lines, including managing the implementation of all agreed GI policies and guidelines at a local level. Supports delivery of wider (Business change led) initiatives, acting as the key business lines operations point of contact.
- Keeps up to date with latest industry trends and developments and identifies & assesses development opportunities to maintain grow the existing customer base.
- Models behaviours that demonstrate commitment to corporate values and Zurich basics.
- Achievement of challenging financial and operational targets and delivery of the Business Lines renewal Business Plan.
- Customer Service KPIs, ensuring SLAs are achieved. Strong customer satisfaction ratings.
- Resource management is optimised across all of Underwriting Operations, with adequate resource pipeline in place to support role movements, minimising under-utilisation and reducing service impacts.
- Staff engagement and talent development measured through - employee surveys, turnover,...