HR Key Business Partner - Permanent Part-Time Job Share
RehabCare is the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. Our aim is to enhance the lives of all of our clients through the provision of high quality, flexible, person centred services. We presently provide and are developing a number of services, including Resource Centres, Residential Services, Respite Care, Supported Accommodation and Home Based Services for people with disabilities.
Applications are invited for the following position:
Post: RehabCare Human Resources Key Business Partner - Permanent Part Time Job Share
Location: Ballyfermot, Dublin 10
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, Health & Social Care Division, Rehab Group, the successful candidate will provide a specialist HR service to designated operational management. The HR Business Partner will provide a day-to-day HR input to the management team. The postholder will ensure that key processes and procedures are fully implemented within the services and that HR best practice is adhered to at all times.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate:
- Three years relevant sectoral operational HR experience
- An appropriate third level qualification and membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD)
- The ability to manage a large workload
- Experience in the provision of a responsive HR service
- Experience of the promotion and management of diversity
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and team working skills
- Excellent IT skills and administration skills - with exposure to payroll and personnel systems. Previous experience of Core HR would be a distinct advantage
- A flexible approach to service provision
- A full, clean driving license and means of transport and the ability to travel
Closing Date for receipt of applications: 7th December, 2012
Job share arrangement
Week 1 - Wednesday, Thursday Friday (21 hours)
Week 2 - Thursday, Friday (14 hours)
Full Time Equivalent hours 35 hours
Job Title: Human Resources Key Business Partner (Regional)
Reporting To: Human Resources Manager, Health & Social Care Division, Rehab Group
The operations of the Rehab Group in Ireland are provided through a divisional structure, comprising of the Health & Social Care, Enterprise and Training & Employment divisions. Health & Social Care services are provided by RehabCare. Over 3,000 children and adults with disabilities and older people in over 90 locations benefit from RehabCare services annually with further developments underway.
Purpose of the Position
To assist the Human Resources Manager, Health & Social Care Services, Rehab Group in the provision of a full Human Resource service to all RehabCare locations within the designated region, ensuring that a professional approach is provided at all times. To deputise for the Human Resources Manager as required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- To be a key business partner to a designated region(s), supporting the relevant regional management team in the development of new and existing services within the designated locations.
- To attend regional management meetings within the designated region(s) to provide information and support the decision-making processes.
- The provision of professional advice and support to individual staff and line managers on a broad range of HR and employment related matters. Areas covered will include up-to-date employment law, recruitment, employee relations and HR policies, procedures and systems.
- To provide the relevant management team(s) with all required HR information, as appropriate.
- To ensure HR compliance and continuous process improvement.
- To provide the HR expertise to the regional management team, contributing to management forums and planning processes.
- To contribute to the recruitment process for staff within the designated region, including the sign off of company job descriptions and profiles in conjunction with the relevant management team(s) and ensure consistency with central structures.
- To facilitate and promote good employee relations and to promote positive trade union relations.
- To advise managers and participate in meetings under the Grievance Procedure, to contribute to resolution of issues and areas of conflict.
- To arrange, confirm and participate in recruitment panels for RehabCare staff, within the designated region, in conjunction with HR Partners in the Resourcing Unit.
- Monitor probationary periods and staff appraisals and assist line management with the management of such processes.
- Monitor temporary and fixed term appointments.
- The monitoring of the Employee Benefit Scheme, including changes to membership data and annual renewal processes.
- The monitoring of absence within the designated region, including sickness absence and annual leave.
- Responsibility for devising HR Key Performance Indicators within the designate region(s).
- General administration of assigned casework, e.g. maintenance of files and compliance with agreed policies and procedures.
- Participation in investigatory / disciplinary processes and forums, under the terms of the Disciplinary Policy & Procedure, up to 1st and 2nd level punitive action level as directed by the HR Manager, Health & Social Care Division.
- To contribute to the preparation of submissions on behalf of RehabCare, for example, LRC submissions, in conjunction with the HR Manager, Health & Social Care Division.
- To participate in conflict resolution processes and to co-ordinate the services of third parties to address resolution strategies, in conjunction with the HR Manager, Health & Social Care Division.
- Participation, as part of the HR team, in the provision and planning of staff training, as agreed with the HR Manager, Health & Social Care Division and the Training & Development Manager.
- Participation in continuous improvement (EFQM) activities, in line with the Organisation's Business Excellence programme.
- To contribute to the Excellence through People (ETP) standard in conjunction with the HR Manager, Health & Social Care Division and strive to continuously improve HR practice. To participate in ETP strategy planning.
- Involvement in the development of Group HR Policy and Procedure.
- Participation in cross-functional working groups, as designated by the HR Manager, Health & Social Care Division.
- Authorisation of payment for wages & submitting the information to payroll as required via Core HR.
- To cover the roles of Human Resources Key Business Partners in the other regions should situations arise requiring cover as directed by the HR Manager, Health & Social Care Division
- Provision of general information at the request of the HR Manager, Health & Social Care Division.
- To ensure a high standard of service delivery to the designated region by keeping abreast of changes in HR practice and actively self-manage personal continuous professional development.
- To attend training and development programmes as deemed appropriate by the HR Manager, Health & Social Care Division.
- To designate for the HR Manager, Health & Social Care Division as required.
- To represent RehabCare in the most professional manner at all times.
- To comply fully with all health & safety legislation.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties related to the above, as required.
This job profile is subject to review on an on-going basis.
Rehab Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Please print a copy of the job description and your application form for your own records