Mercer is a leading global provider of consulting, outsourcing and investment services, with more than 25,000 clients worldwide. Mercer consultants help clients design and manage health, ret...
Mercer is a leading global provider of consulting, outsourcing and investment services, with more than 25,000 clients worldwide. Mercer consultants help clients design and manage health, retirement and other benefits and optimize human capital. The firm also provides customized administration, technology and total benefit outsourcing solutions. Mercer's investment services include global leadership in investment consulting and multimanager investment management.
Mercer's global network of more than 20,000 employees, based in over 40 countries, helps ensure integrated, worldwide solutions. Our consultants work with clients to develop solutions that address global and country-specific challenges and opportunities. Mercer is experienced in assisting both major and growing, midsize companies.
In Ireland, Mercer employs over 600 employees in offices based in Dublin, Cork and Limerick.
The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies, which lists its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) on the New York and Chicago stock exchanges.
HR Consultant (Part-time: 3 days per week)
Reporting to the HR Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of a comprehensive Human Resource service to the business.
The primary responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Implement HR policies and solutions to maximise their benefits to the business
- Ensure that all HR policies and procedures are carried out effectively and efficiently and that professional standards are maintained at all times
- Prepare ad hoc reports for the business as required
- Undertake specific project work as requested by the Head of HR and the HR Ops Manager
- Peer review of our monthly payroll
- Manage, implement and effectively communicate the following employee benefits and rewards programmes:
- Mercer Incentive Plan - Annual bonus plan
- Annual Salary Review
- Complete external salary surveys, evaluate results and attend survey work groups to evaluate market trends
- Ongoing benchmarking of salary and employee benefits for Ireland
- Benchmarking salaries for new joiners, promotions etc.
- Liaise with our Compliance and Professional Standards team on Compliance matters such as Fitness & Probity and Capital Requirements Directive on Remuneration.
- CIPD qualified with approx 6 years experience operating at a HR Generalist level in the professional/financial services sector
- Previous Compensation & Benefits experience
- Technical/Data Analysis
- High degree of numerical and problem solving competency
- Project Management skills
- Experience in best practice resourcing
- A thorough understanding of employment legislation and market developments as well as previous experience of advising managers of best practice;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Self-motivated, flexible and capable of working within deadlines, both independently and as part of the team;
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and negotiation skills;
- Extensive experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as HR systems. Experience using PeopleSoft and FrontPage an advantage.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhausted list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Mercer is an equal opportunities employer