HR Financial Analyst - (Temporary Assignment)
Bank of America is one of the world’s largest financial institutions serving individual consumers, small and middle market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk-management products and services.
The company serves clients in more than 150 countries and has relationships with 99 percent of the US Fortune 500 companies and 83 percent of the Fortune Global 500. Bank of America Corporation stock (NYSE: BAC) is a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
Bank of America has maintained a presence in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region since 1922. Bank of America employs over 14,000 people in Europe with approximately 630 employed in Ireland.
The MLIB Core Finance team based in Dublin is responsible for providing financial reporting and legal entity control in respect of Merrill Lynch Bank Limited, the prime non US banking entity for Merrill Lynch - it’s head office in Dublin and branches in Amsterdam, Bahrain, Frankfurt, Paris, London, Madrid, Milan, Rome and Singapore. The range of activities conducted by the group include Lending, Debt sales, IBK, Derivatives trading, GFX and Global Private Client.
- Significant contact with LTM client i.e. EMEA Payroll operations, LTM Compensation & Benefits Group in London, LTM Finance in Asia and NY and the business groups sitting in London and Dublin
- Preparation and posting of monthly / quarterly / annual compensation and benefit related expenses.
- Investigating and resolution of all reconciling items on balance sheet reconciliations - this can involve extensive liaison with the US, London Payroll Ops and other regional locations
- Co-ordination of FX trades to ensure non functional currency related exposures appropriately managed
- Balance Sheet control including Inter-Company recharges - this will involve providing reconciliations for various reporting sets of books, review with the client / CFO management of all outstanding items and signoff. Will also include keeping Regulatory aware of any significant balance movements related to regulated legal entities. In $ terms - sign off responsibility can total anywhere between $10m-$1bn depending on the particular Compensation plan.
- Providing analysis and reporting to business and support groups as requested. Assistance with and some attendance at periodic Business Support meetings to present various issues / proposals to the business
- Commentary and variance analysis to legal entity controllers and various management reporting teams based in Dublin and London.
- Involvement in regional co-ordination of processes such as Severance, Sign ons, Tax Equalisation and the annual VICP (Bonus) accounting and reconciliation process for the EMEA region.
- Involvement with LTM Operational Payroll / LTM Finance related projects - e.g. Implementation of finance modules of new payrolls / due diligence related to new locations / revision of any key financial or management accounting processes.
To apply online click here
- Client Focus
- Financial Impact Awareness
- Communication Skills
- Work Ethic
- Interpersonal Skills