|Safety Officer Maynooth|
A company whose aim is to become one of the most successful and innovative contractors in Ireland are looking for a Safety Officer to join their team. Integrity, hard work and professionalism are at the core of this organisation and it is their people and team oriented approach to doing business that makes them a unique construction management company. They are focused on safety at work and consistently strive to maintain an incident free work place. Their approach to safety is emphasised by the provision of innovative training and education.
- Preparation of Project Supervisor Construction Stage Site Specific Safety Plans
- Notifications to HAS
- Assist Site Management with the Preparation of Method Statement
- Assist Site Management with the Preparation of Risk Assessments
- Manage external consultants
- Implement the Company Safety Management System Safe-T-Cert, ISO 14001 and 9001 systems
- Conducting in house training necessary for staff to comply with above
- Control the day to day operation of these systems once in place
- Ensure compliance with all EHS legislation
- Carry out Site Visits / Inspections / Audits
- Review Subcontractor Safety Information and advice Site Management.
- Review and record Subcontractor Insurance details
- Assist Site Management with best practice regarding Induction Talks · Assist Site Management with best practice regarding Toolbox Talks · Audit all company vehicles, machines and safety equipment.
- Compilation of O&M / Safety Files/BCAR documentation.
- Assist Site Management and chair when required site sub-contractor safety coordination meetings
- Employee Safety Training Review
- Manage Health & Safety expenditure.
- Attendance at and reporting at site meetings where relevant.
- Preparation / compilation of various elements of Pre-Qualification submissions including but not limited to Health, Safety and Quality aspects of same
- Investigating accidents / incidents
- Other various Miscellaneous duties as requested by managements
What you will need to be successful:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in H&S in Construction, ideally with Main Contractor
- Anyone working for our client must demonstrate the following personal ethos of hardworking, takes initiative, sense of urgency, committed to excellence, self-motivated, self-confident, effective communication skills, capable of dealing with ambiguity and tight work schedules.
- In addition to the fundamental character traits listed above, the candidate must have excellent organisational skills; competency and accuracy in writing and maintaining clear and professional documentation
- Highly Computer Literate
- Excellent verbal and written English with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels within the Company
- The ideal candidate must have the judgment to know when to appropriately escalate issues up the chain of management.
- The candidate must have a strong sense of urgency and initiative, as well as the ability to quickly study and react to complex issues, and resolve conflict effectively in a diplomatic, firm but fair manner.
- Relevant third level H&S Qualification
- Knowledgeable of BCAR requirements involved in preparing Job Safety Files / Handover
- Career Development: This Company hire talented professionals and to ensure a rewarding experience within the organisation, employees are provided with career development opportunities and a supportive work environment.
Apply now by:
Following the link below and submitting your CV
Calling Charlotte 071 9128266
Please note that all enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest confidence