Health & Safety Manager
This company is a really exciting to work for who really believe in a work life balance for their staff. They are a professional services/customer driven environment. It is a place where you can have your say, make changes for the better. The salary is great and so are the benefits.
In this role you will lead & drive a culture of H&S awareness across 15 sites in Ireland. It's a great role if you love creating great relationships with key stakeholders, managing, advising & coaching on all H&S issues & work streams, ensuring ethical & legal requirements are always maintained.
The role responsibilities are to : -
- Drive, maintain & continually develop a world class safety system to support the regulatory & statutory frameworks.
- To act as the subject matter expert for all H&S matters across all business areas
- Ensuring that technical information & legislative requirements are translated in to the business in a pragmatic & effective way
- Lead the H&S strategy agenda while driving cultural change across the business
- Lead the engagement with the external enforcing authorities & industry groups using a proactive style
- Lead the H&S governance process that engages senior leaders & identifies & mitigates risks
- Supporting stakeholders in delivering H&S compliance in their business areas, beyond minimum legal compliance
- Develop close working relationships with business senior leaders to drive a operational ownership strategy
You will have: -
- Strong influencing skills at all levels of the organisation
- A proven background to be able to work in a fast paced & dynamic business
- Able to manage & deliver "change" in a large multi-site organisation
- Proven communication skills able to present effectively & provide clear reporting metrics
- Strong business acumen with a strategic aligned approach to safety objectives
- Excellent people skills (engaging, listening & understanding people's needs)
- Producing & delivering high quality communications (presentations, reports & emails)
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 3rd level qualification in technical / science, diploma in Env. H&S, Occupational H&S
- 5+ years' experience in a similar Industry (Multi-site, wide range & variety of operations)
- Either hold or close to obtaining Chartered Membership of IOSH (CMIOSH)
- Credible experience in H&S including operations experience & strong project management
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills to advice, train, & promote H&S excellence in all staff
- Experience of maintaining or reaching externally audited management standards such as ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001
The company offers a great salary and impressive benefits such as a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension & of course, discounts on our fantastic mobile, broadband & cable.
Please apply and then we can discuss in more detail