Group Mechanical & Electrical Manager
EcoMondis is a leader in the production and supply of waste derived alternative fuels. As a Green Energy provider, the company trades RDF (Refuse Derived Fuel) at a discount to fossil fuels. Our current primary customers operate in the Cement and Power Industries. Additionally, EcoMondis seeks to work with Coal providers, providing a supplement to their material and facilitating the reduction of their carbon footprint.
EcoMondis currently trades in 15 countries worldwide, with offices in Dublin, London and Shanghai. The Company is leading the advancement of waste derived alternative fuels as a method to both reduce landﬁll dependence in the disposal of waste and secondly, to displace the consumption of fossil fuels in the production of heat and power. Having pioneered this process in the Irish market, the company has garnered a reputation for the production and delivery of consistent quality materials to our primary customers.
Reporting to the Operations Manager for the EcoMondis Business, the successful candidate will be highly motivated, ambitious and have a proven Electrical/Mechanical background in a fast moving heavy plant environment.
- Install, check, connect and sustain the electrical systems.
- Maintain all the electronic controls for operations like communications, power supply and many other fields.
- Carry out maintenance and inspection work of the electrical circuits and settings of an organization.
- Responsible for inspecting machinery to ensure it is running properly to ensure production targets are met.
- Install all the electrical systems and control the electrical settings.
- Inspect all the electronic circuits and power supply of the company.
- Fix electrical based issues and make necessary repairs to equipment and machinery making emergency repairs when a machine breaks down during operation, ensuring minimal downtime.
- Install correct electronic settings that are required for the operation of the industrial equipment.
- Ensure correct power supply to machines and equipment.
- Locate problem areas and investigate the faulty or malfunctioning part of the machinery.
- Checks fluid levels, movable components and electrical devices to make sure they are operating properly and not deteriorating.
- Repair or replace wires, cables or other fixtures using hand tools or electronic tools.
- Replacing defective parts, upgrading machine operations or replacing wearable components that must be replaced on a periodic basis, such as cutting tools on grinders.
- Connect wires to transformers and other components.
- Plan and generate the layout of electrical installations and wiring.
- Ensure the safety of the electrical systems.
- Orders parts that need to be restocked to ensure minimal downtime when equipment or machinery needs repair.
- General stock items include necessary machine fluids, wearable components, gear boxes, conveyors, bearings along with any other component must be kept in stock.
- Bring efficiencies to the production line.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Proven Electrical/Mechanical background
- Experience of working in a heavy plant environment essential
- Electrical/Mechanical Qualification essential
- A minimum 5 years' experience
EcoMondis is an Equal Opportunities Employer