Armont Recruitment have partnered with a leading PLC in Dublin, are seeking a Group Internal Audit Manager to join their high calibre team.
Group Internal Audit Manager (PLC – limited travel)
A leading PLC in Dublin, are seeking a Group Internal Audit Manager to join their high calibre team.
This role will suit Big 4 (or Top 6) trained Accountant with PQE of circa 2 – 5 years’. You may be at manager or senior manager level within practice and seeking your first move into industry, with the view to undertaking a career path within commercial finance in time.
This business has a proven track record of offering senior finance roles to their Internal Audit Management team.
- Working as part of a core team of Internal Audit professionals, carry out reviews of both operational and financial risk across a broad range of business units.
- Assess the risks facing the Group and subsidiary companies at both a financial and operational level while adopting a strategic mind-set as to the impacts on the business at all times.
- Proactively engage with the business both at subsidiary and Group level to confirm the Internal Audit function is fully meeting the information needs of the business and ensuring clear lines of communication exist in facilitating sound decision making at all times.
- Participate in the annual audit planning process.
- Perform independent and objective reviews of internal control procedures and financial and operational systems.
- Manage, execute and deliver internal audit projects and fraud investigations.
- Manage external resources and subject matter experts engaged as part of Internal Audit work.
- Responsible for the delivery and timely issue of audit reports and findings with an emphasis on value added recommendations to ensure risk is managed appropriately.
- Agree and discuss key findings with management across the Group.
- Act as an advisor within the Group with regard to risk, controls and processes.
- Work on ad-hoc and specialist projects.
- Work closely with the rest of the Group Internal Audit Team. Act as mentor and more junior staff members.
- Continued professional development through attendance of external trainings and conferences.
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified with 5 years’ plus internal or external audit level experience gained within a Big 4 / Top 10 or similar large industry & commerce function
- Experience operating at a management level with a history of managing, motivating and leading teams.
- Highly competent in IFRS, corporate governance and/or risk management standards.
- A proactive, high achiever, capable of consistently delivering quality work, strong attention to detail and an ability to take ownership of projects.
- First rate communication skills (oral and written), with the ability to influence and constructively engage at senior management level.
- Highly analytical, objective and thought provoking with the ability to challenge status quo.
- Self-starter, dynamic, driven, results orientated with the ability to excel in a very fast paced and changing environment and enjoy engaging with the business at a commercial / strategic level.
- Career focused and eager to progress within the Group.
- Flexibility with an ability to engage in overseas travel, as required.
- Very attractive salary and package on offer for successful candidate.