In line with recent and anticipated growth in our business, and the re-alignment of roles in our finance function, we wish to recruit a Group Financial Reporting Accountant. This is a new role based
In line with recent and anticipated growth in our business, and the re-alignment of roles in our finance function, we wish to recruit a Group Financial Reporting Accountant. This is a new role based in our group headquarters in Galway.
The Group Financial Reporting Accountant will be responsible for supporting the global consolidation process. This involves co-ordinating the reporting activities of multiple locations and preparing accurate and timely financial reports and statements.
The Group Financial Reporting Accountant will be expected to exhibit the highest professional standards, ethical principles, and attention to detail while working on numerous regular and ad hoc accounting support functions.
- Co-ordinate the reporting inputs from multiple global operations.
- Prepare the monthly consolidation of the company's management results. This entails preparing the full management accounts pack circulated to senior management each month.
- Manage the consolidation process including the recording of consolidating (elimination) entries, reconciliation of intercompany activity and investment in subsidiary transactions.
- Preparation of internal and external reporting requirements including consolidated analysis of sales performance and weekly cash flows,
- Key role in co-ordinating and preparing quarterly forecasts and annual budgets
- Key role in preparation of statutory financial statements at year end and consolidated audit schedules to external auditors.
- Assist in the identification, implementation and roll out of an automated consolidation solution.
- Identify and implement process improvements as part of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Assist with the formulation and implementation of group financial policies and procedures across the organization.
- General accounting support in support of business objectives.
- Undertake and manage special projects and other reporting needs as required.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Qualified accountant – Big 4 preferred.
- Three years experience in accounting, financial planning or consolidations roles within a multi-national or other group environment.
- Must be highly organized, have a natural drive for results, be able to work on multiple projects / analysis at the same time that vary widely in scope, size, and type. Be an impactful team member.
- Experience in presenting decision oriented information to senior level company executives.
- Excellent skills in verbal, written, and presentation communications to all levels and types of management.
- Ability to completely maintain confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency. Strong spreadsheet skills (MS Office applications) required. Knowledge of Oracle and/or Hyperion is an advantage. Must be able to quickly and accurately manipulate large amounts of data