Group Financial Accountant role in a leading Manufacturing company based in Waterford City. 1 year fixed term contract. Contact Claire Grogan 051 852709 for a confidential discussion
Group Financial Accountant
Fantastic opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join a highly successful growing manufacturing company based in Waterford City. 1 year fixed term contract working in Group as a Financial Accountant to support our Group Finance team. This is an excellent opportunity for a high performing individual to broaden their skills and experience with a growing and dynamic group.
As part of the Group Finance team you will in this varied role gain a wide range of finance, operations and business experience. The role whilst based in our head office in Waterford may require occasional travel to sites around the group.
- Involvement in a wide variety of projects/tasks within the Group Finance department
- Support in the integration of sites to the group ERP & other systems.
- Participate in the year end consolidation process and preparation of statutory accounts.
- Providing analysis and decision support to the commercial and operations teams.
- Preparation of reports for management.
- Development and implementation of ways to improve reporting systems and processes.
- Support in the design & implementation of group wide internal controls.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and efficiency of the Group Finance function.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with a minimum 2 years PQE.
Skills, Experience & Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and interact with people at all levels across the group.
- Ability to work as part of a team and develop team members.
- Technically competent with the ability to interpret the implications of standards to practical situations.
- Strong internal control & system understanding with a problem solving mentality.
- Self-motivated and proactive with a focus on detail and bringing structure and logic to problem solving.
- Excellent project management skills with commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Ability to manage issues and solutions in a proactive manner.
- Attention to detail to ensure completeness and accuracy of information.
- Advanced Excel skills and general proficiency in IT systems.
- Experience of ERP systems & Business Intelligence tools (Qlikview or others) an advantage.