Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – thei...
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people. Mercer's 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital.
In Ireland, Mercer employs over 550 employees in offices based in Dublin and Cork.
Working as part of a team to provide a reliable and fully compliant service (in terms of quality and timeliness) to your agreed portfolio of Defined Benefit Pension Scheme clients.
The Defined Benefit (DB) Administration team operates in two locations - Dublin and Cork. The DB Administration team currently manages a portfolio of over 400 corporate pension schemes ranging in size from less than 10 members to more than 2,000 members. There are approximately 80 people working within DB Administration across the two locations. Administrators work within teams led by a Team Manager. Additional roles to manage and support the DB business include Business Unit Leaders and Client Managers.
Report to: Janice Witcombe, Team Manager
Team size: Circa 8 Administrators and 1 Team Manager
- Full responsibility for the administrative maintenance of your portfolio of clients and schemes
- Completion of an Annual Renewal for each of your schemes and production and issue of individual annual benefit statements for all scheme members
- Process all monetary transactions as required including contribution receipts / investments and benefit payments
- Ensure all risk benefits (Life Assurance, PHI , premium protection) are fully in place for your schemes and premiums are checked and billed
- Deal with member queries including data changes, calculation queries, retirement, refund and transfer processing
- Management of all AVCs associated with your portfolio of clients
- Completion of annual member reconciliations and resolution of audit queries
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements at all times
- Ideally 1/2 years plus financial services administration experience in a consultancy firm, brokerage or life office
- Ideally group or company pension administration experience
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Effective communication skills and ability to provide a high level of customer service to your clients
- Ability to work within a team environment and a flexible approach to work
- High level of accuracy/attention to detail
- A keen interest in further developing a career in pension scheme administration
- Fluent English
- Third level qualification
- Pensions QFA module (preferable)
- Microsoft Excel to at least intermediate standard
- Working experience of Microsoft Word and Outlook also required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhausted list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified Mercer voted 15 of 300 Graduate Employers in Ireland- gradireland Graduate Recruitment Awards 2009 Mercer is an equal opportunities employer