Mercer is a leading global provider of consulting, outsourcing and investment services, with more than 25,000 clients worldwide. Mercer consultants help clients design and manage health, retiremen...
Mercer is a leading global provider of consulting, outsourcing and investment services, with more than 25,000 clients worldwide. Mercer consultants help clients design and manage health, retirement and other benefits and optimise human capital. The firm also provides customised administration, technology and total benefit outsourcing solutions. Mercer’s investment services include global leadership in investment consulting and multimanager investment management.
Mercer’s global network of more than 19,000 employees, based in over 40 countries, helps ensure integrated, worldwide solutions. Our consultants work with clients to develop solutions that address global and country-specific challenges and opportunities. Mercer is experienced in assisting both major and growing, midsize companies.
In Ireland, Mercer employs over 600 employees in offices based in Dublin and Cork.
The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc., which lists its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges.
Working as part of a team to provide a reliable and fully compliant service (in terms of quality and timeliness) to your agreed portfolio of Defined Benefit Pension Scheme clients.
The Defined Benefit (DB) Administration team operates in two locations - Dublin and Cork. The DB Administration team currently manages a portfolio of over 400 corporate pension schemes ranging in size from less than 10 members to more than 2,000 members. There are approximately 80 people working within DB Administration across the two locations. Administrators work within teams led by a Team Manager. Additional roles to manage and support the DB business include Business Unit Leaders and Client Managers.
Report to: Team Manager
Team size: Circa 8 Administrators and one Team Manager
- Full responsibility for the administrative maintenance of your portfolio of clients and schemes
- Completion of an Annual Renewal for each of your schemes and production and issue of individual annual benefit statements for all scheme members
- Process all monetary transactions as required including contribution receipts / investments and benefit payments
- Ensure all risk benefits (Life Assurance, PHI , premium protection) are fully in place for your schemes and premiums are checked and billed
- Deal with member queries including data changes, calculation queries, retirement, refund and transfer processing
- Management of all AVCs associated with your portfolio of clients
- Completion of annual member reconciliations and resolution of audit queries
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements at all times
- 1 years plus DB Pensions Administration experience in a consultancy firm, brokerage, life office or in-house administered pension scheme
- Ideally group or company pension administration experience
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Effective communication skills and ability to provide a high level of customer service to your clients
- Ability to work within a team environment and a flexible approach to work
- High level of accuracy/attention to detail
- A keen interest in further developing a career in pension scheme administration
- Fluent English
- Successful completion of the Pensions QFA module (preferable)
- Working toward the IIPM qualification beneficial
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhausted list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified Mercer voted 15 of 300 Graduate Employers in Ireland- gradireland Graduate Recruitment Awards 2009 Mercer is an equal opportunities employer
- Microsoft Excel to at least intermediate standard
- Working experience of Microsoft Word and Outlook also required