Based in Galway, leading a cross functional global team across Creganna Tactx’s site network, build and manage a supply base using a strategic sourcing approach. Maximize corporate purchasing levera
Based in Galway, leading a cross functional global team across Creganna Tactx’s site network, build and manage a supply base using a strategic sourcing approach. Maximize corporate purchasing leverage and manage supplier relationships to achieve best price, quality and service with managed risk and optimized working capital.
- Lead a cross functional, multi-site team to manage and optimise the designated categories of materials
- Formulate and implement a business wide strategy for sourcing a reliable, flexible and cost effective supply chain for the materials
- Reduce supplier fragmentation and establish a controlled sourcing process
- Select and negotiate with suppliers to agree appropriate terms
- Execute Service Level Agreements and Contracts/Supply Agreements as necessary to support the sourcing process
- Lead Supplier Relationship Management Activities, including periodic strategic reviews, supplier development activities, and inter-business improvement projects.
- On an ongoing basis develop and implement strategies to improve supplier lead times
- Ensure that global spend and potential is leveraged across suppliers to minimise cost
- Looking across the category supply chain, minimize total inventory and maximize cash flow
- Track monthly metrics & monitor the cost, schedule attainment and performance factors of suppliers
- Research and develop new and innovative sources of supply.
- Promote and embed best sourcing practice and continuous improvement mentality
- Work with colleagues such as quality, engineering, product development to support new product launches and identify and execute cost savings projects
- Third level qualification in technical or business related field.
- Minimum 3 years experience in similar strategic procurement/sourcing role in a manufacturing industry. Specific metals category knowledge preferred.
- Possessing technical competence, a high level of commercial awareness and able to translate strategy into action
- Strong leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to promote change within an organization. Capable of leading and coordinating a cross functional team of remotely located, multicultural professionals.
- Excellent negotiation, communication and supplier management skills
- Strong analytical and time management skills
- Self-motivated, takes initiative and has the ability to effectively organize, multi-task and prioritize.