Job Title: Supervisor, Valuations Department: Valuations, Reporting to: Manager, Valuations Location: Cork Introduction The Supervisor is primarily responsible ...
Job Title: Supervisor, Valuations
Reporting to: Manager, Valuations
The Supervisor is primarily responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate completion of all funds within the team. He/she is responsible for checking all work completed by fund administrators on the team and ensuring that all BNY Mellon standard procedures and controls are complied with in the production of client Navs.
- Provide fund accounting/administration services.
- Ensure the net asset values (NAVs)/distribution rates of all funds are calculated accurately and on a timely basis in accordance with BNY Mellon standard or client specific procedures and timetables.
- Supervise the preparation and calculation of NAVs across all funds with zero error tolerance.
- Review and sign-off on all NAVs and dividend rates calculated.
- Ensure the NAVs and dividend rates are accurately communicated to the relevant parties according to the client specific agreed timetable and for ensuring that the information is received.
- Supervise fund Administrators to ensure the accurate and timely processing of trade, corporate action and cash settlement information on the accounting system.
- Ensure accuracy of new master file set up on the accounting system.
- Timely payment of fund expenses.
- Ensure BNY Mellon standard procedures and controls are being adhered to on a daily basis by all staff under supervision.
- Communicate new procedures on a fund to all relevant staff.
- Ensure standard controls are at all times sufficient, have been rigorously adhered to and properly applied and are understood by staff.
- Communicate any significant operational issues that arise to Manager.
- Ensure fund Administrators maintain daily/monthly files in a manner suitable for future review by the fund and internal auditors.
- Act as the primary dedicated contact for all contacts at a client's offices on operational and client servicing issues.
- Ensure client concerns/requests are addressed as soon as possible and within an agreed timetable.
- Set aggressive but realistic timetables for addressing client requests and where timetables are not met, ensuring the client is contacted well in advance and a new timetable agreed.
- Keep line management informed of client issues and their progress and highlighting to management any client concerns/complaints as a matter of urgency.
- Ensure client specific monthly reports are completed according to the agreed timetable and are checked before sending them to client/trustee/other.
- Liaise with custodian on an ongoing basis and provide feedback to management.
- Maintain a friendly but professional relationship with key client contacts.
- Provide the above service to other clients within the group on an exceptional basis when their dedicated relationship Assistant Manager or Manager is unavailable.
- Provide non-daily services/reporting to all clients.
Human resource management:
- Ensure work scheduling and staff supervision.
- Ensure your team are fully trained on the accounting systems and on our standard and client-specific procedures and controls and for alerting line management of specific training needs.
- Keep line Assistant Manager informed regarding salient aspects of the group's progress, work efficiency levels and client servicing issues.
- Responsibility for accurate and timely update of management information system (MIS) information relating to allocated funds.
Financial accounts/Fund audits:
- Ensure all audit queries are accurately and fully responded to with minimum delay.
Minimum educational requirements:
Third level qualification in business related discipline.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Organisational and planning skills.
- At least 2 years work experience within a similar environment.