We are looking for a person who has a creative flair and has worked in the food service industry (ideally retail), or who has a good understanding of retail.
The role of a Fresh Food Advisor is crucial to implementing and advising on the legislation and codes of practice that govern the handling of food stuffs within Ireland
Responsibilities of the role:
- To maximise the potential of BWG customers business through product quality and variety within stores, and increase and maintain customer loyalty in relation to Central Billing Suppliers
- To assist stores in stocktaking procedures and finding resolutions to problems arising from stocktaking results
- To advise retailers on the role of management and the tools required on achieving high hygiene standards, and their role and commitment required to implement HACCP within the store, their supervision and verification of the system.
- To carry out certified training of staff and management
- To inform the Fresh Food Services Manager of any issues with the Environmental Health Officers and work with stores to resolve these issues.
- To advise retailers and staff on improvement that can be made to achieving the Spar 5 Star Awards, the Mace Excellence in Retailing Standard Awards and Q Mark Awards
- To assist and advise retailers on visual improvements that can be made to their hot food and deli displays, focusing on quality and freshness of products available and the signage available
- To liaise with retailers and suppliers in relation to problems that may occur on suppliers servicing their store and product lines being delivered.
A Fresh Food Advisor must have worked within the Food Industry for several years and have operated in accordance with HACCP.
Assistance from recruitment agencies not required at this time.