Food Mill Manager required for Glanbia Agribusiness - Portlaoise
Glanbia Agribusiness is currently recruiting for a Food Mill Manager. This vacancy has arisen from our exclusive partnership with Sturm Foods for the supply of a premium oats product. Sturm Foods are a leading US company with a diversified product portfolio. Their McCann Irish Oatmeal brand is positioned at the premium end of the US oatmeal Market. The Food Mill Manager will be based in a stand-alone, food grade oats mill in Portlaoise, on the site of our existing feed mill.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Full responsibility for effectively managing people, plant and processes across the full production value stream from intake through to dispatch of food products to meet customer specifications
- Accountability for ensuring the overall process and performance objectives of the plant
- Leading a culture of operational best practice and continuous improvement ensuring that plant activities adhere to Environmental and Health and Safety regulations and standards
- Work closely with site and commercial management teams to create enhanced processing development opportunities
- Responsibility for optimising processing capacity and resource management
- Overseeing key relationships with suppliers and customers
- Ensuring the development and continuous training of employees
- Develop and manage annual budgets
- Reporting on plant performance to senior management and key stakeholders
Ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Degree level in Engineering or Food Science discipline
- 5+ years experience of working in a Food Manufacturing environment
- Previous experience of working within food processing and an ability to ensure that processes and technologies are 'best in class'
- A proven ability to lead and manage a production team
- Demonstrated ability to drive a culture of continuous improvement within the lean principles of manufacturing
- A strong track record of delivering on challenging business objectives
- Previous demonstration of exceptional leadership qualities
- A strong commercial awareness coupled with an innate ability to understand customer requirements
- An ability to liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency in MS Office and an excellent working knowledge of SAP or another recognised ERP system
If you are interested in the above position and believe you have the experience required to fulfill the role, please forward you're C.V. on or before Friday 23rd November 2012 to Helen Fogarty, Glanbia Agribusiness.