Financial & Systems Accountant, Dublin
Vacancy: Financial & Systems Accountant
Volkswagen Bank GmbH is a wholly owned subsidiary of Volkswagen Financial Services AG, the largest automobile financial services provider in Europe. Our central task is to promote sales for the Volkswagen Group and its brands. The products and services of Volkswagen Bank GmbH range from the financing of new and used vehicles of all the Group's brands to dealer financing.
A vacancy has now arisen for Financial Accountant in Volkswagen Bank Branch Ireland. As part of a dynamic team, the role holder’s primary responsibility is to provide accurate & timely accounting information and to ensure integrity of accounting information in order for management to assess the financial performance of the organisation. The role holder will work within and contribute to a strong controlled environment, incorporating financial controls, procedures, and risk management. The role holder will be heavily involved in enhancing our product suite and will work as the Finance Lead on many cross departmental IT projects. The role holder will need previous systems experience and will need to enjoy working on projects while balancing the day to day operational tasks.
Accounting Projects (40%)
- System Based Projects (subledgers to SAP FI)
- Prepare business requirements for Finance Stream of Project
- Prepare posting book for review by Senior Financial Accountant
- Attend project meetings
- Liase with Project Managers to handle queries
- User Acceptance Testing for system based projects.
Financial & Central Bank Reporting (Month End) (30%)
- Review month end journals / workings / postings & Advise Financial Accountant & of unbooked items
- Prepare monthly management accounts under German GAAP and IFRS.
- Prepare monthly consolidation pack (VoKus)
- Prepare monthly Central Bank Reporting
- Prepare regulatory reporting e.g. Central Bank of Ireland returns (monthly, quarterly and annual returns), Central Statistics Office
- Prepare the monthly Asset Liability Reporting
- Prepare bi-monthly VAT returns & the annual RTD return
- Prepare monthly inter-company re-charges
- Prepare corporation tax schedules for review by PWC
- Prepare Half Year & Year End Disclosures.
- Prepare internal and external audit files and act as point of contact.
Finance Operations (20%)
- Review daily accounting activities across 4 business area’s; Retail, Wholesale, ESF & Comfortcredit
- Deputise for the finance intern / finance assistant as necessary
- Review daily bank reconciliations (5 bank accounts)
- Review daily payment runs
- Advise treasury front office at to value of outgoing payments
- Prepare weekly review of treasury activity
- Review / Prepare subvention recharges
- Work closely with Retail, Wholesale & German Business teams to resolve un-reconciling items
- Take ownership of own business area including management / escalation of open issues
- Review all the Accounts Payable process (PO’s, invoices, cost centre allocations & journal entries)
- Review all journal postings for completeness and accuracy
Treasury Back Office (10%)
- Preparation of all treasury documentation
- Preparation of all treasury payments
- Preparation of all treasury accounting postings.
- Ensure all counterparty payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain relationships with internal / external counterparty to ensure all treasury deals are confirmed to internal / external audit
Key Role Requirements
- Newly Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) or Part-Qualified with experience
- Strong financial services experience or with an experience in testing and system development
- A desire to understand the accounting transactions and logic
- Knowledge of IFRS essential
- Knowledge of Irish VAT Returns and CT Returns
- Understanding of B/S & P&L structure
- Knowledge of SAP & Microsoft (esp. advanced Excel) products essential
- Well organised
- Able to work to strict deadlines
- Analytical & systematic working style
- Team player & excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage and mentor a team of two
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use own initiative
Terms & Conditions
This is a full time permanent position. Ability, flexibility and willingness to travel as required.
A competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience and qualification level will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to Apply
- Please apply by submitting a CV and a short cover letter via Apply Button below.
- Closing date for receipt of applications is 8th February 2013
We do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies at this time.