Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – thei...
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people. Mercer's 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital.
In Ireland, Mercer employs over 550 employees in offices based in Dublin and Cork. Job Overview
Responsible for the processing of new business and existing business queries in relation to individual life, investment and pension policies. Unit Summary
The Financial Planning Team is part of the Health & Benefits Department. The team deals with individual clients to help meet their specific financial needs. Report to:
Financial Planning Team LeaderTeam size:
Currently 3 members (including the Team Leader) on the team Responsibilities:
- Providing day to day support for financial advisers in the delivery of services
- Point of contact for customer service queries
- Liaising with insurers for completion of new and existing business queries
- Ultimate responsibility for the annuity new business process
- Processing new business applications and ensuring documentation is in place and communicated to clients
- Responsible for processing new and existing business in a compliant manner
- Processing claims – retirement/death/disability
- Maintaining client records on our CRM system
- Providing sales reports and compiling of month end revenue figures
- Member of the Financial Planning telephone helpline
- Developing processes and procedures
- Previous sales support experience (2 -3 years) in a life and pensions company or pensions administration company
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and willingness to cross train
- Microsoft Office package required. General knowledge of CRM systems an advantage.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhausted list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Mercer is an equal opportunities employer