Financial Controller - France
The role of the Financial Controller for Accounting is to ensure accuracy and integrity of US GAAP and statutory financial statements for entities across EMEA region, provide expertise in complex accounting matters and decisions, and build strong partnership with Shared Service Centre, local country finance, commercial and other functional organizations to support financial and accounting processes in compliance with US GAAP and statutory requirements and company’s policies and procedures.
- Support development of and provide strong leadership to Controlling team.
- Oversee US GAAP, statutory and tax accounting and reporting for the entities in scope; ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the reporting.
- Ensure adherence of processes to company's policies and procedures, internal and external audit requirements and local rules and regulations; support strengthening of financial processes and controls.
- Work closely with Shared Service Centres and Service Delivery partners in execution of end to end finance processes.
- Maintain strong relationship with key stakeholders: local business, operations and decision support management.
- Act as a reference point for all complex accounting and tax issues.
- Support local, regional and global projects, as required; provide financial expertise in such projects.
- Be an activate advocate of finance function.
- Maintain focus on continuous process improvement.
- 10 years’ relevant professional experience.
- Master’s degree in Finance/Accounting/qualified ACCA/CIMA
- Proven experience in a multinational environment and/or audit.
- Expert in US GAAP and tax matters.
- Knowledge of local GAAPs for the countries in scope - France, Benelux.
- Proven team leader.
- Excellent communication skills, diplomatic, flexible and “can do” mind-set.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of French is a plus.
- Strong reporting tools and MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint essential.