The Taxback Group is an award winning company that provides world leading international taxation, finance and travel consultancy services in over 100 countries ranging from blue chip financial services companies to individual investors to cross-border workers. Our awards to date include:
- Winners of the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2009
- Winners of the Deloitte Best Managed Company Awards 2010, 2011 and 2012
We are currently recruiting for a Financial Controller to manage the financial accounts of one of our business units. Be accountable for other tasks that will be assigned from time to time regarding Group consolidation accounts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare monthly management accounts, analysis and cash flow statements together with respective fluctuation commentaries.
- Ensure the continuous and accurate maintenance of the nominal ledger.
- Ensure the timely reconciliation of all sub accounts and intercompany balances.
- Compile government and Intrastat returns as required.
- Oversee reconciliation of bank accounts to ensure their accurate and timely completion.
- Liaise with external parties including external auditors and Revenue Authorities.
- Liaise and supervise overseas subsidiary or branch offices to ensure timely submission of reporting requirements.
- Manage and control of budgeting and cost control analysis.
- Identify and implement more efficient finance systems and procedures and continuous process improvements.
- Supervision of finance assistant staff of the above named companies and for setting their development plans and assessing performance in a timely manner.
- Supervision of adherence to Group reporting requirements for the ESS Group and preparation of the quarterly consolidated accounts and supporting schedules.
- Continuous assessment and supervision of internal controls pertaining to the Treasury cycle and identification and evaluation of operational risk associated with same.
- Identification and continuous evaluation of treasury management and hedging of foreign currency exposure.
Reporting to: Group CFO
Requirements for filling the position
- Recognised Qualification in ACA, CIMA, ACCA, or CPA.
- Min. 4-5 years work experience as an accountant in the production of financial accounts.
- People management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to operate effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise to meet deadlines.