Position: Financial Accountant – Corporate Reporting (12 month contract) Job Description Paddy Power plc is a leading bookmaker in the sports betting and gaming ...
Position: Financial Accountant – Corporate Reporting (12 month contract)
Paddy Power plc is a leading bookmaker in the sports betting and gaming sectors, with a growing multi-channel offering which includes online and mobile platforms, 400+ betting shops in Ireland & UK and significant telephone and B2B activities. The Group has also developed a significant international presence with fully licenced Australian and Italian businesses, B2B operations in France and British Columbia and Bulgarian games developer, Cayetano.
The Finance Team at Paddy Power Headquarters plays a central role in supporting the businesses of the Group and is looking for an experienced Finance professional to join our Corporate Cost Reporting team. The Corporate Cost team provides full P&L support to all corporate / central HQ divisions (including Marketing, PR, Technology, Risk and central support services).
Key areas of responsibility:
- Support all day to day aspects and month end reporting for Group Capex, in Oracle.
- Partner with Financial Controllers and H.O cost centres to consistently deliver first class levels of cost analysis and support
- Take ownership of specific cost centres, liaising with the budget owners to ensure all costs are correctly accounted for.
- Centralise and perform VAT preparation / compliance work for Group companies to review stage by Tax Manager
- Involvement in the implementation of Oracle iProcurement relating to cost/capital reporting and purchase ordering.
- Manage a timely and accurate month end close for all areas of responsibility outlined above.
- Standardise and automate where possible month end tasks to improve month end time lines.
- Manage all aspects of newly introduced Oracle processes for inter-company accounting in ‘AGIS’ (Advanced Global Inter-company System), developing and improving all aspects of Group inter-company transactions
- Balance sheet control – maintain and develop reconciliations, variance analysis, driving automation and KPI measurement
- Develop an in depth understanding of the Paddy Power Group structures, core Finance processes & systems, relevant tax structures and proactively develop and manage the implementation of process/control enhancements & efficiencies for all areas of responsibility.
- Manage relationships with internal and external audit teams for all areas of responsibility.
- Ad hoc project work or other relevant assignments as directed by line manager.
Experience & Competencies required:
- Recognised accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- 1-2 years relevant post qualification experience in a Plc / Multinational / Head Office environment
- Solid understanding of central cost accounting including; Cost Allocation, Capital Accounting, Intercompany, VAT Accounting.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills essential
- Excellent team player who is hard working, flexible and able to act under pressure and on own initiative
- Experience with Oracle ERP or similar package is desirable
- Adept at dealing with high volumes of data and comfortable in a highly automated environment
- Excellent planning, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong communicator who can deal effectively with people from a non-finance background
- Someone who takes a proactive approach to solving problems
- Clear & precise presentational skills
- Organised and thorough, with desire for continuous improvement
- Strong attention to detail is essential
See Job Description