Our client, a market leader in their sector, is seeking a Financial Accountant to join their Finance Team. The primary responsibility for the successful candidate will be the preparation of monthly management accounts for each entity.
Improving and implementing new procedures and controls, to ensure the integrity of the Financial Statements. Working capital and cost control are key to the business and this will be a key responsibility of the Financial Accountant.
This is a great opportunity, where the position offers continuous learning to further career development and the opportunity to be part of change management in a growing Irish company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of Monthly management accounts and monitoring performance against budget.
- Preparation of Monthly Balance sheet control accounts.
- Liasing with external auditors in the preparation of the annual statutory accounts.
- Bank reconciliations
- Weekly Cash flow forecasting and control.
- Creditor Payments
- Statutory returns
- Cost control - Identifying and actioning opportunities to reduce costs in the business.
- Financial review of promotional activity and profit margins in the business.
- Work with the Buying/Operations team to prepare promotional costings.
- Assist in the preparation of the Quarterly business forecast
- Systems and procedures review and improvement.
- Act as backup for payroll preparation when required.
- Assist the Head of Finance as required on specific projects.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- ACCA, ACA or CIMA Qualification (will consider part qualified with relevant experience)
- 2-4 years' experience
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Experience of computer systems and the implementation of new systems would be useful in this role.