Working on large complex projects and eventually managing, for the client with respect to their financial and regulatory reporting needs, you will be technically efficient and will possess a solid knowledge of Accounting and market trends.
The candidate can be qualified or part-qualified with a view to finish and should have 2 years minimum Financial Reporting experience within the funds industry. This exciting vacancy is for a quick thinker and someone who has strong IT skills and systems knowledge, eg. Oracle, Invest One.
- Review accuracy and reasonability of financial statements disclosures
- Responsible for preparing and analysing/reviewing interim and annual financial statements in accordance with relevant GAAP requirements for alternative investments (hedge, private equity and real estate) funds
- Verify crosschecks and calculations
- Ensure that financial statements are being prepared in accordance with US GAAP, IFRS or other applicable reporting standards
- Provide financial statements preparation guidance to Specialists by providing and walking through review comments
- Follow all best practices and internal control procedures regarding financial statements preparation and sign off on all required checklists
- Recommend and implement enhancements to procedures based on experience and changes to regulatory requirements, funds and clients
- Perform other special projects or tasks as assigned
- Prepare more complex interim and annual financial statements
- Coordinate the distribution of financial statements to both internal and external parties
As well as provide relevant supporting documentation and calculations
- Extensive experience in preparation of financial statements
- 3 – 5 years’ experience within a corporate environment