FAMI is now looking to recruit an enthusiastic Financial Accountant to join our Finance team based in Dublin.
Financial Accountant reporting directly into the Head of Finance and working alongside the Company’s Dublin based Finance Team.
The successful candidate will be required to carry out the following tasks (this list is not exhaustive, but represents the core activity of this role):
- Responsible for monthly financial accounting to include preparation of journals, preparing accruals and prepayments, managing the chart of accounts and ensuring the overall integrity of the firm’s financial information
- Processing purchase invoices, payments and allocating supplier payments
- Bank Statement Reconciliations
- Assistance in the preparation of Monthly, quarterly and year-end management accounts
- Contribution to the Company’s reporting activities (Intra-group reporting activity, Central Bank of Ireland reporting, CSO reporting)
- Assistance in the preparation of the Company’s financial accounts and all related activities in terms of Financial Statement production
- Contribute to the budgeting and forecasting process to support the Management Team.
- Support in the management of company tax compliance, financial reporting and tax calculations (corporation income tax return and VAT returns)
- Contribute to document and procedure update to ensure that adequate and robust financial reporting and controls are in place
- Ad Hoc requirements and projects as required.
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Qualified Accountant with 5 years of experience working in a Finance Department
- Experience working in an Asset Management / Investment Management environment is a distinct advantage
- Proven experience with Financial Reporting, Management Accounting, Audit, Tax, and Financial Analysis
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other MS Office suite packages.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
- Strong team player with a capability of working on own initiative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Languages: Proficient English is essential, proficient knowledge of the Italian language is an advantage but not a prerequisite